36

JIMIN POV

"A replacement will arrive on Monday." Jungkook says bleakly when he's seated beside me.

"How could she have known it was my car?"

He glances anxiously at me and sighs. "She had an Audi A3."

"I buy one for all my submissives it's one of the safest cars in its class."

Oh. "So, not so much a graduation present then."

"Baby, despite what I hoped you have never been my submissive, so technically it is a graduation present." He pulls out of the parking space and speeds to the exit.

Despite what he hoped. Oh no...

This is what we come back to all the time.

"Are you still hoping?" I whisper.

The in-car phone buzzes. "Jeon." Jungkook snaps.

"Fairmont Olympic, In my name."

"Thank you Taylor."

"And Taylor be careful."

Taylor pauses. "Yes, sir." he says quietly and Jungkook hangs up.

The streets of Seattle are deserted and Jungkook roars up Fifth Avenue toward the I-5.

Once on the interstate, he floors the gas pedal, heading north.

He accelerates so quickly I'm momentarily thrown back in my seat.

I peek at him.

He's deep in thought, radiating a deadly brooding silence.

He hasn't answered my question.

He glances frequently at the rearview mirror and I realize he's checking that we're not being followed.

Perhaps that's why we're on the I-5, I thought the Fairmont was in Seattle.

I gaze out of the window trying to rationalize my exhausted, overactive mind.

If she'd wanted to hurt me, she had ample opportunity in the bedroom.

"No It's not what I hope for, not anymore."

"I thought that was obvious." He interrupts my introspection, his voice soft.

I blink at him pulling his denim jacket tighter around me and I don't know if the chill is emanating from within me or from outside.

"I worry that, you know that I'm not enough."

"You're more than enough."

"For the love of God baby."

"What do I have to do?"

Tell me about yourself.

Tell me you love me.

"Why did you think I'd leave when I told you Dr. Flynn had told me all there was to know about you?"

He sighs heavily closing his eyes for a moment and for the longest time he doesn't answer.

"You cannot begin to understand the depths of my depravity, baby And it's not something I want to share with you."

"And you really think I'd leave, if I knew?" My voice is high, incredulous.

Doesn't he understand that I love him?

"Do you think so little of me?"

"I know you'll leave." he says sadly.

"My love I think that's very unlikely."