35

JIMIN POV

He blinks and his eyes sweep down my legs and back again.

I am wearing one of his T-shirts.

"You should be in satin or silk, Baby." he breathes. "But even in my T-shirt you look beautiful."

Oh, an unexpected compliment. "I missed you, Come to bed."

He rises slowly out of the chair still in his white shirt and black dress pants But now his eyes are shining and full of promise...

but there's a trace of sadness, too.

He stands in front of me, staring intently but not touching me.

"Do you know what you mean to me?" he murmurs.

"If something happened to you, because of me..." His voice trails off, his brow creasing and the pain that flashes across his face is almost palpable.

He looks so vulnerable, his fear very much apparent.

"Nothing's going to happen to me." I reassure him, my voice soothing.

I trace the line of his bottom lip then trail my fingers down his throat, to the faint smudge of lipstick at the base of his neck.

He gazes down at me, still not touching me, his lips parted.

I run my index finger along the line and he closes his eyes.

His soft breathing quickens.

My fingers reach the edge of his shirt and I run them down to the next fastened button.

"I'm not going to touch you."

"I just want to undo your shirt." I whisper. His eyes open wide, regarding me with alarm.

But he doesn't move and he doesn't stop me.

Very slowly I unfasten the button holding the material away from his skin and move tentatively down to the next button, repeating the process slowly, concentrating on what I am doing.

I don't want to touch him.

Well, I do but I won't.

On the fourth button the red line reappears and I smile shyly up at him.

"Back on home territory." I trace the line with my fingers before undoing the final button.

I pull his shirt open and move to his cuffs, removing his black polished stone cufflinks one at a time.

"Can I take your shirt off?" I ask, my voice low.

He nods, eyes still wide, as I reach up and pull his shirt over his shoulders.

He frees his hands so he's standing in front of me naked from the waist up.

With his shirt off, he seems to recover his equilibrium.

He smirks down at me.

"What about my pants,Bae?" he asks raising an eyebrow.

"In the bedroom."

"I want you in your bed."

"Do you now?"

"Baby, you are insatiable."

"I can't think why." I grab his hand, pull him from his study and lead him to his bedroom.

The room is chilly.

"You opened the balcony door?" he asks frowning down at me as we arrive in his room.

"No." I don't remember doing that.