52

JIMIN POV

At one o'clock, Yoongi pokes his head out of the office door.

"Jimin, please could you go and get me some lunch?"

"Sure, What would you like?"

"Pastrami on rye, hold the mustard."

"I'll give you the money when you're back."

"Anything to drink?"

"Coke please, Thanks jimin." He heads back into his office as I reach for my purse.

Crap.

I promised Jungkook I wouldn't go out.

I sigh. He'll never know and I'll be quick.

Claire from reception offers me her umbrella since it is still pouring with rain.

As I head out of the front doors, I pull my jacket around me and take a furtive glance in both directions from beneath the overlarge golf umbrella.

Nothing seems amiss.

There's no sign of Ghost Girl.

I march briskly and I hope inconspicuously down the block to the deli.

However, the closer I get to the deli the more I have a creepy sense that I am being watched, and I don't know if it's my heightened feeling of paranoia or a reality.

Shit.

I hope it's not Leila with a gun.

Within fifteen minutes, I am back safe, sound but relieved.

I think Jungkook's extreme paranoia and his overprotective vigilance is beginning to get to me.

As I take Yoongi's lunch in to him, he glances up from the phone.

"Jimin thanks, Since you're not coming with me, I'm going to need you to work late."

"We need to get these briefs ready."

"Hope you don't have plans." He smiles up at me warmly and I flush.

"No, that's fine," I say with a bright smile and a sinking heart.

This is not going to go down well.

Jungkook will freak out, I'm sure.

As I head back to my desk I decide not to tell him immediately, otherwise he might have time to interfere in some way.

I sit and eat the chicken salad sandwich Mrs. Jones made for me. It's delicious.

She makes a mean sandwich.

Of course, if I moved in with Jungkook, she would make lunch for me every weekday.

The idea is unsettling.

I have never had dreams of obscene wealth and all the trappings -only love.

To find someone who loves me and doesn't try to control my every move.

The phone rings.

"Min yoongi's office - "

"You assured me you wouldn't go out," Jungkook interrupts me, his voice cold and hard.

My heart sinks for the millionth time this day. Shit.

How the hell does he know?

"My boss sent me out for some lunch, I couldn't say no."

"Are you having me watched?"

My scalp prickles at the notion.

No wonder I felt so paranoid someone was watching me.