31

JIMIN POV

" Park Jimin?"

A soft voice startles me and I turn to see a woman dressed in a long tight, black velvet gown.

Her mask is unique, it covers her face to her nose but also covers her hair.

It's stunning with elaborate gold filigree.

"I'm so glad you're on your own."

"I've been wanting to talk to you all evening."

"I'm sorry, I don't know who you are."

She pulls the mask from her face and releases her hair.

Shit! It's Mrs. Robinson.

"I'm sorry, I startled you." I gape at her.

Holy cow what the fuck does this woman want?

I don't know what the social conventions are for meeting known molesters of children.

She's smiling sweetly and gesturing for me to sit at the table and because I am lacking any sphere of reference, I do as she asks out of stunned politeness, grateful that I am still wearing my mask.

"I'll be brief, Jimin."

"I know what you think of me."

"Jungkook's told me."

I gaze at her impassively giving nothing away but I'm pleased that she knows.

It saves me telling her and she's cutting to the chase.

Part of me is beyond intrigued as to what she could have to say.

She pauses, glancing over my shoulder. "Taylor's watching us."

I peek around to see him scanning the tent by the door way, Sawyer is with him.

They are looking anywhere but at us.

"Look, we don't have long." she says hurriedly.

"It must be obvious to you that Jungkook is in love with you."

"I have never seen him like this ever." She emphasizes the last word.

What?

Loves me?

No. Why is she telling me?

To reassure me?

I don't understand.

"He won't tell you because he probably doesn't realize it himself, not with standing what I've said to him but that's Him."

"He's not very attuned to any positive feelings and emotions he may have,He dwells far too much on the negative But then you've probably worked that out for yourself. He doesn't think he's worthy."

I am reeling.

Jungkook loves me?

He hasn't said it and this woman has told him that's how he feels?

How bizarre.

A hundred images dance through my head the iPad, the gliding, flying to see me, all his actions, his possessiveness, one hundred thousand dollars for a dance.

Is this love?

And hearing it from this woman, having her confirm it for me is, frankly, unwelcome.

I'd rather hear it from him.

My heart constricts.

He feels unworthy?

Why?

"I've never seen him so happy and it's obvious that you have feelings for him too." A brief smile flits across her lips.