37 (M)

JIMIN POV

"Well baby I don't know about you but I'd really like a drink. " Jungkook mutters, locking the front door securely.

In the bedroom, he puts my case and his satchel on the ottoman at the foot of the king-size four-poster bed and leads me by the hand into the main room where the fire is burning brightly.

It's a welcome sight.

I stand and warm my hands while he fixes us both a drink.

"Armagnac?"

"Please." After a moment, he joins me by the fire and hands me a crystal brandy glass.

"It's been quite a day, huh?"

I nod and his eyes gaze at me searchingly, concerned.

"I'm okay," I whisper reassuringly.

"How about you?"

"Well right now I'd like to drink this and then if you're not too tired take you to bed and lose myself in you."

"I think that can be arranged." I smile shyly at him as he shuffles out of his shoes and peels off his socks.

"Baby stop biting your lip." he whispers, I blush into my glass.

The Armagnac is delicious, leaving a burning warmth in its wake as it glides silkily down my throat.

When I glance up at Jungkook, he's sipping his brandy watching me, his eyes dark hungry.

"You never cease to amaze me Baby, After a day like today or yesterday rather you're not whining or running off into the hills screaming."

"I am in awe of you, You're very strong."

"You're a very good reason to stay," I murmur.

"I told you Jungkook, I'm not going anywhere, no matter what you've done."

"You know how I feel about you."

His mouth twists as if he doubts my words and his brow creases as if what I'm saying is painful for him to hear.

Jungkook, what do I have to do to make you realize how I feel?

"Where are you going to hang Joon's portraits of me?" I try to lighten the mood.

"That depends." His lips twitch.

This is obviously a much more palatable topic of conversation for him.

"On what?"

"Circumstances." he says mysteriously.

"His show's not over yet so I don't have to decide straight away."

I cock my head to one side and narrow my eyes.

"You can look as sternly as you like baby."

"I'm saying nothing." he teases.

"I may torture the truth from you."

He raises an eyebrow. "Really, baby, I don't think you should make promises you can't fulfill."

Oh my, is that what he thinks?

I place my glass on the mantel piece reach over and much to Jungkook's surprise, take his glass and place it beside mine.

"We'll just have to see about that." I murmur.

Very bravely emboldened by the brandy, no doubt I take his hand and pull him toward the bedroom.

At the foot of the bed I stop, he is trying to hide his amusement.

"Now you have me in here baby, what are you going to do with me?" he teases, his voice low.