Chapter 33 - Hurt

The shop has been opened for a month. Business has picked up a great amount since I started. Luke was in fact the first customer. We had to do his breaks and an oil change. Blake has brought in his truck for an oil change along with Miranda's. Luke had a bunch of other famous people come in and have something done to their cars and trucks. Each time we had a new famous person come in we took a picture of us with them and put them up around the sitting room.

Major was doing a wonderful job. His girlfriend is very nice. She has brought in food at least once a week for all of us. She is also pregnant. Major has brought in his fair share of customers. The job he does is to perfection and he always keeps his area clean. He was a great hire. It also might soon be time to hire another mechanic.

Today I was off since its Sunday. Luke was currently out getting something for his guitar. I was sitting in the living room listen to the radio while I read up on my emails. I was humming the end of one song when I looked at the time. 3:30. Luke should be home in an hour.

A song on the radio started to play. The sounds of a beautiful piano filled the house. It was a sad melody but it caught my attention. Once the artist started playing I knew it was Christina Aguilera. I listened to the lyrics and instantly went into flashbacks of times with my mama, and times that I blamed her for everything even though she was gone. I became the person I was because of that. It was all because I was hurt and that was the name of this song.

When the song ended I had to find the sheet music for this song. I got onto my laptop and found it pretty quick. I printed out the sheet and went right to the piano. The music looked fairly simple to play. I placed my hands on the keys and let them slide across the keys while I read where to go.

Once I perfected how the song was suppose to go many of times I decided to start singing with a few tears slipping down my face as I did so.

"Seems like it was yesterday when I saw your face. You told me how proud you were but I walked away. If I only know, what I know today. Oooooo ooooo."

Memories flashed through my mind as I sang.

"I would hold you in my arms. I would take the pain away. Thank you for all you've done. Forgive all your mistakes. There's nothing I wouldn't do. To hear your voice again. Sometimes I want to call you but I know you won't be there. OooOo I'm sorry for. Blaming you. For everything. I just couldn't do and I've hurt myself by hurting you.."

I know I hurt my mother turning into the bitch that I was. She would have never wanted that.

"Someday I feel broke inside but I won't admit. Sometimes I just want to hide because it's you I miss and it's so hard to say goodbye when it comes to these oooooOo yeahh. Would you tell me I was wrong? Would you help me understand? Are you looking down upon me? Are you proud of who I am? There's nothing I wouldn't do to have just once more chance to look into your eyes and see you looking back. Ohhhhh I'm sorry for. Blaming you. For everything I just couldn't do and I've hurt myself. Ohh."

My eyes were closed as tears seemed to keep falling as I sang louder.

"If I had just one more day. I would tell you how much that I missed you since you've been away. Oooo It's dangerous. It's so out of line to try and turn back time."

I calmed myself for a few seconds to sing the soft ending. My memories still flashing in front of me as I remembered my mama.

"I'm sorry for. Blaming you. For everything I just couldn't do... And I've hurt myself...... by hurting you." I finished the piano then took my hands off.