Chapter 46 - Nova

It is Christmas and everyone is down at our house having breakfast. I know that this is going to be one amazing Christmas by what I got my Pa for Christmas. I did it with a little help from Luke of course.

The last couple weeks have been hectic. With me getting my father's present. To making sure we had everything right at work. Then also going to find my wedding dress which I was able to find. Sam was there and he made sure that it was the right one. He also made sure I didn't know the price. He handled basically everything Luke told him to and more.

The women were able to get their bride's maid's dresses. It was very nice on how they fit with each girl as well. I think that the wedding is going to go great. Luke got his tux along with the groomsmen.

Denver is still talking to George. She is really falling for him and wants to go take a trip to go see him next month. I told her just to be careful now that she is on stage two of her court part. She hasn't messed up at all but she does seem happier. Hopefully he doesn't go back and that will get her to go back and screw everything up.

When breakfast was done Denver offered to do the dishes. I was surprised but I let it happen. I went into the den and sat next to Luke. The fireplace was going and we were waiting for Denver to be done and open the presents. We were going by the oldest to the youngest which meant that Luke's father was going first. It would then be his mama, my father, Luke's step mom, Luke, myself and then Denver.

When we were all ready I decided to help Luke hand out the presents. First was Tommy. Luke and I basically did a gift from both of us. We got him a nice winter coat, along with a few new fishing rods. His father looked really happy about that. He thanked us and Luke and I just smirked. Leclair was next and I made sure that we got her new earrings. She told me last time that she hasn't gotten new ones in a while. Luke's idea made it into three matching sets of necklace, bracelet, and earrings. We also got her a few nice blouses.

When it was Pa's turn. I told him that my present was going to be last for him. He was confused but I smirked so wide. Luke got him hunting and fishing supplies. Denver got him nice clothes. Luke's parents got him gift cards. I smiled seeing how happy my Pa was to be able to finally have a Christmas like this again. I know how he was feeling and I have to admit that it feels amazing just like when mama was alive. and I know she is probably looking down happy that we are all smiling again.

Luke's step mom Kay got all her presents and she seemed surprised that we would all get her something. Well I sighed my father and Denver onto mine because I only thought it would be nice they don't know her that well. Then it was Luke's turn.

Everyone gave him what they wanted too and then it was me handing him what I got him. I handed him the first box. He opened it up and saw that I got him special car seat covers. I also got him things for his boat so that it would be better to go out with. He was super happy.

Then it was my turn. I got clothes from his parents. My father bought me new tools. Denver got me a photo album and had pictures in it. Some were of ones I thought were lost so I had to hug her. It was great. Luke got me, a necklace, a few coats, and then there was a box that he looked at then looked at me.

"Alright, this is the next to last but my other one you're going to have to wait for." I looked at him weird and then nodded. He handed over the box. "I think you would really like this because I remember us talking about it one day but then you just never really had any of this stuff sooo." Luke said smirking. I raised an eyebrow.

"Don't worry. I made sure he got everything right." Pa said. I laughed and then started to open the box. There was nice paper inside covering whatever was inside. Once I removed the paper I saw that it was a Jersey. I tilted my head like a dog would. I then took it out. My eyes got wide and I smirked as I looked over towards Luke and then back at the Jersey.