♡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰɪɴᴇꜱᴛ ɢʟᴀꜱꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴡɪɴᴇ || ᴍᴇᴘʜɪꜱᴛᴏᴘʜᴇʟᴇꜱ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Strolling through the partly empty lanes, you trudge down the path lit by the streetlights as store after store begins to close their doors and call it a day. After an entire evening out on the Devildom streets, your trip back home can't possibly feel more relieving.

Although you'd normally enjoy some time to yourself outside the house, today's small shopping spree felt like more of a chore than a pleasure. Mainly because it slowly became a chore run instead of the fun day out you intended for it to be.

Your day started out enjoyable, with you wandering around and looking at the most exquisite things that you hope to buy in the near future, or things that you thought the brothers would like. Your little exploration soon became less entertaining as phone call after phone call and message after message arrived, all either requesting you to find something on their behalf or informing you that they've run out of something at home.

You hadn't planned on actually getting anything much in the first place, so the only thing you had in your pockets was some small change. Small change that can't afford anything alone.

Returning to the House of Lamentations empty-handed, you pass by a bountiful of shops with their entrances barricaded and locked, but a minority still keep themselves open for the small group of late night shoppers.

Ristorante Six just so happens to be one of the few restaurants left standing, and with its grand reputation, there's no wondering as to why a line so long is formed right outside their doors. Dinner service at their place always seems so packed and busy, and the prices there reach higher than Mammon's own bank balance, so you've always avoided going unless someone offered to pay.

Despite the expensive food, some still find it worth their money - the rich citizens, of course. You notice that all of them made the effort to arrive dressed in the most elegant outfits they have in their closets as you scan the queue, then you halt once you spy a familiar face.

"Mephisto?" you cock your head to side as the demon's magenta shade of hair sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the crowd. "Fancy seeing you here," you smile.

He lifts his head and glances around to find where your voice is coming from, until his eyes land straight on you. "Oh, it's you. What are you doing here, walking around at this time without any of those pathetic brothers by your side? I thought they'd never give you permission to leave the house without them."

"I think I'm allowed to be by myself from time to time," you reply with a scoff. "What I'm doing here isn't really interesting anyway, just out for a bit of shopping. You, on the other hand, alone at a restaurant like this? Are you waiting for someone?" you look around for a friend, or maybe even a date.

Mephistopheles shakes his head disapprovingly as he worries that you might be embarrassing him in front of public eyes. Grabbing a hold of your wrist, he drags you into the line to join him in the wait.

"Remind me, are you always this nosy with everyone?" he scowls and keeps his voice hushed. "Don't even get me started on how you're managing to cause a scene just by simply prying."

With the crowd around growing a little impatient, you're forced into Mephisto's arms as you're pushed up against his chest. You retreat immediately and take a step back, aware of his discomfort with the intrusion of his personal space.

"Ah- Sorry," you apologise. "For prying and bumping into you like... that."

He stares at you, from head to toe, and holds you under a gaze of disappointment - mostly since you've proven yourself to be quite possibly the clumsiest person he's met. "I'm starting to realise why Lucifer and the rest are afraid to leave you by yourself," he pinches the bridge of his nose.