♡ ʟᴏᴠɪɴɢ ᴀ ʙᴏᴏᴋᴡᴏʀᴍ || ꜱᴀᴛᴀɴ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

With the warmth of a crackling firepit by your feet and a nice cup of hot chocolate in your hands, you sink further into the cosy chair, quite the way to end the day. In your most comfortable pyjamas, you nestle yourself into the library at the House of Lamentation.

You take in the smell of fresh pages of a book as you open your personal favourite and start on the page where you last bookmarked. Intrigued, your eyes continue to trace every word written in ink as you dive deeper into the story. A sip from your cup and you keep on reading, not realising that another person has entered the library as well.

 A sip from your cup and you keep on reading, not realising that another person has entered the library as well

"(MC)? Fancy seeing you here," Satan acknowledges. He sits himself down on the chair in front of you.

You finally peak your nose out of the book, cheeks all puffed with a mouth full of hot chocolate, causing Satan to laugh. You quickly gulp down the drink, "Satan! Sorry! I didn't see you there. Uh... Sorry, what did you say?"

"Fancy seeing you here," he repeats. "What are you doing up so late anyway?"

Silence. Why did you come? To finish a book? You can do that in your own room, it would be more comfortable too, so that can't be why you came. Were you expecting to see someone here? Maybe.

"Free time? I guess? I don't know... Just felt like coming over," you lie, giving the most laid-back answer.

Satan gives a disappointing frown at your reply, as if he were hoping for you to give a different reason. "Oh, well, that's splendid," his voice remains monotone.

You flip to the next page of your book but your gaze doesn't leave Satan. You study his awkward actions and uneasy breathing patterns. Something's wrong and you feel as though you're the reason behind it.

He takes out a bronze, metallic-looking glasses case from his left pocket, "I come here every night and I don't normally see you. I thought maybe you- Actually, nevermind," he pushes the glasses up his nose with his pinky finger as he finishes his sentence so abruptly and opens up a book of historical poems.

His new look with glasses serves your eyes justice and the sudden feeling of butterflies in your stomach begins to stir up within as you stare at him for an abnormally long time. If Asmodeus was here, then the cat would've been out of the bag by now.

The Avatar of Lust is the only one who knows of your little crush on his brother, as he is the closest to Satan. The two are seen together so often and they're always spilling the tea to each other.

When Asmo first found out, he squealed in delight and opened his mouth to say something but then closed it right after. In the end, Asmo promised that he wouldn't say a word and you made sure he sealed his mouth whenever he tried to bring it up in front of anybody that's not you.

Thank goodness no one else knows. Yet. You've only been able to secure your secret whenever you're around him but who knows what he could say when you're not there.