♡ ɴᴏꜱᴛᴀʟɢɪᴀ || ʙᴀʀʙᴀᴛᴏꜱ ♡

📌 || BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING:

Nostalgia is the most happiest yet most painful thing you could ever feel

                    - a comment i found on youtube that i thought was quite deep

guys, idk how Barbatos' powers work so pls forgive me if it's completely wrong, i'm relying on my imagination to write. i also have no idea how time works so this could become a complete flop. hopefully it won't

CONTEXT:

MC's family includes -

her 2 older siblings who are currently in university (you get to pick whether if the siblings are brother or sister) her father who's a workaholic and drinks to relieve stress and her mother. 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕ 

Wiping away your tears, you continue to stare at your phone. You're looking at photos of your family, the one that you left behind in the human world when you came into the Devildom.

You sniff. Once. Twice. Hiding underneath the darkness of your sheets, your device is the only source of light you have. It illuminates your face, making your tears shine as they reflected the brightness. Taking a deep breath, you wipe them away and hope no one will notice later on.

As much as you love spending time in this realm, it's painful to think about all the things that you've missed. Your parents, how are they? Your siblings, are they happy? All those questions and no answers. It feels like an eternity since you were with them, it's even getting harder to remember the sound of their voices.

At least I still have pictures, I can remember what they look like.

You let out a frustrated sigh.

Oh, who am I kidding? They've definitely changed...

You kept in touch with them for the first few days of your stay in the Devildom, contacting them every time you had the chance to. Overtime, you just got too busy trying to catch up with all the school work and sorting out tension between the brothers every now and then. Guess you couldn't keep up with everything.

You arise from your little comfort zone and look around your empty room, it only makes you feel more isolated and alone. The time on your D.D.D says that you should be at R.A.D right now, studying, but today just wasn't your day so Diavolo let you off the hook. Homesickness really kicked in this morning.

The demon brothers are at R.A.D right now, or at least they should be. They do tend to be a bit rebellious from time to time. Lucifer's either in his office or at the academy too. Wonderful, just when you really need someone to talk to, they all decide to leave.

When your feet touch the cold floorboards, a gentle knock sounds at your door. You flinch a little, scared by the sudden noise. Who could it be?

"Are you alright, (MC)? The young lord wishes to know if you're feeling any better," you hear the familiar voice of the butler. Barbatos, loyal servant of Diavolo.

"I'm fine, tell him I said thank you for letting me take a break today," you try to cover up the fact that you were crying prior to this conversation but your fragile voice breaks.

Barbatos picks up on it, "Are you certain? If you feel the need to talk to someone then I'll be more than glad to listen."

You open the door but you leave only a crack, one small enough for you to peak through. Barbatos bows as he catches a glimpse of you, respecting you and your privacy as he chooses not to barge in.