♡ ᴛᴏᴏᴛʜᴀᴄʜᴇ || ʙᴀʀʙᴀᴛᴏꜱ ♡

📌 || BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING:

a request made all the way from august, i'm so sorry that i only got to publishing it now. thank you so much to the person who requested, for both waiting and giving another unique storyline to write about. i also want to thank them so much for answering all the questions i had about wisdom teeth removals.

i hardly ever see one shots about an MC after their wisdom teeth has been taken out so this was kind of fun to experiment with. i'd also like to add that i've never had my wisdom teeth removed so... expect to see many inaccuracies.

MC's pronouns for this will be they/them, by the way. 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Hand covering your swollen and puffed cheek, you lie in bed in wait for the butler who left your room earlier in search of any medication that could possibly help with numbing the overwhelming pain that blooms hot within the back of your jaw.

It hasn't been long since you've officially rid yourself of your wisdom teeth. The weeks prior their removal, all you could feel was an uncomfortable ache every single time you ate the smallest thing. Eventually, you had to get them out. You couldn't handle having them around any longer.

Now, the only thing left of your wisdom teeth are the stitches closing up the space where they used to sit. But even after you had them removed, your life isn't getting any easier as the effort put into taking care of your wound doesn't seem to be worth it. With or without your wisdom teeth, you still find yourself aching and in awful lot more discomfort than what you're used to feeling.

"(MC), I've returned with your medication," a familiar voice calls from the other side of your bedroom door. "I've retrieved a few painkillers like you asked, and I'm sure they can help ease your pain. May I come inside?"

Hardly able to open your mouth, you can only make muffled noises of approval as your lips are unable to form the right shape for any words to come out. Barbatos doesn't even question the odd grunts and understands you perfectly enough to walk in as you allowed him to.

"I assume you're still having a hard time trying to talk," the butler smiles at you while a chuckle escapes his lips.

You merely nod as he passes by and drops the prescribed medicine by your feet. Although he was only asked to bring you back some painkillers, it's not unlike him to also go over the top during his trip as he has more in his hands than just the medication.

Originally, you were left under the brothers' care after your dental appointment, but none of them - apart from the eldest - knew how to look after you or tend to your needs when necessary. To put it short, they were clueless. That led to an arrangement between the butler and the brothers to be made; whenever Lucifer's preoccupied or unavailable, Barbatos will take over from there.

Lifting an ice pack up from the pile of his shopping spoils, you let its healing cold touch cool the side of your face. Relief settles in and eases the painful ache for wavering moments, giving you enough time to talk between each break.

"Thank you," you sigh, your words a little slurred as you barely have enough energy to keep yourself awake. "Ugh... I want this to be over. How long do I have to wait before things go back to normal?" you look up at him.

As he watches your eyelids grow heavy and droop, Barbatos sits himself by your feet and at the end of the bed. Careful not to disturb or hurt any part of your sore and swollen face, the butler only rests a gentle hand over yours while you continue to hold the frozen pack of ice to your cheek.

"It won't be long, you'll only have to wait for a week or two. Do try to be patient," he smiles warmly, attempting to lighten your already glum mood with a friendly gesture.