♡ ʙᴜᴄᴋᴇᴛ ʟɪꜱᴛ || ʙᴀʀʙᴀᴛᴏꜱ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

"Barbatos, you don't need any help, do you?" you watch him rid the floors of dust as he sweeps away with his broom.

The aftermath of last night's ballroom party left the place looking like ruins with empty plastic cups and food scraps littering the floor, courtesy to Asmodeus' club friends that Diavolo invited. Tiles that once shined and reflected light, now coated with dirt and stains.

"(MC), how kind of you to offer but I couldn't. I'll be fine on my own, I'm pretty sure you have many things you want to do instead of chores," he looks up at you with his signature calm smile.

"No, I don't really have anything in mind for today. What about you? Surely you don't want to be stuck doing this all day," you turn the question back on him.

Barbatos looks around the ballroom, at the mess that would take up most of his day just to clean up. Who knows how long it'll take to get it back to it's original state. He then stares into your eyes and chuckles softly, "You're right. It's not an ideal day for me."

Even though those words are what comes out his mouth, he continues his duties as a butler, not considering his own desires while he works. Feeling a sense of pity, you ignore his previous comment and help pick up as much litter as you can with your hands.

"(MC), you don't have to do this."

"No, I'm helping, whether you like or not. And you know what? After we're done, let's go out. It's about time you start doing your own things instead of cleaning up after others," you take the broom from him. You aren't sure if you're scolding or helping at this point.

Barbatos, usually disapproving towards other's headstrong behaviour, laughs at your stubbornness while covering his mouth in attempts to hide the smirk on his face. "Well, if you insist then I guess it's alright for me. I'll have to give notice to Diavolo prior our departure. Wait here for a minute."

The butler wanders down a hallway then turns a corner, leaving you alone for just a moment. For the time being, you decide to collect more of the scattered garbage, putting them all into a large black bag. As for the stains, you use the bucket of water and mop that Barbatos had already prepared and put aside to clear them away after you picked up all you can.

"(MC)," you hear Barbatos' voice echo through the large ballroom. "The young lord seemed delighted by the fact that you wanted to take me on a date. He even encouraged it."

"D-Date? Who said it was going to be a date?" your face flushes pink after hearing those words. "Did you tell him that?"

He shakes his head, "No. I told it as you told me, the prince was the one who spoke of it being a date."

"Oh, ok," you say. To be honest, you were kind of hoping that he was the one who referred to it that way. "Come on, the sooner we get this done, the sooner we can go."

With Barbatos aside you to finish off the job, you two are out of the Demon Lord's Castle faster than you expected and take your leave together. "(MC), what do you have in mind for this occasion?"

"Hmm... Do you have a bucket list or anything?" you try to find a starting point.

He strokes his chin, confused. "Bucket list? I have a to-do list, does that apply in this situation?"

Speechless, you stare at him blankly as he returns the gesture. "You know what, that's fine. It's fine. We can actually make one right now, this is a good start," you take out your D.D.D and prepare a new note page.