10

"SHE'S NOT DEAD." Derek spoke, refusing to believe that Erica was dead like Isaac told them. He remembered that they were in a bank vault and that Erica, Boyd and someone else were there.

"Derek, he said, 'there's a dead body. It's Erica,' doesn't exactly leave us room for interpretation." Stiles replied with a sigh.

"Then who was in the vault with Boyd?"

"Someone else," Stiles refrained himself from rolling his eyes, "obviously. And maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle, okay?"

"The one who saved you?" Scott's question was directed to Isaac who instantly shook his head, "no, she wasn't like us... And whoever was in the vault with Boyd was."

"So they've got another werewolf inside?" Reid asked, more to himself than the others, "that's great. If they're keeping that person inside then maybe one of you knows whoever it is. Otherwise, why keep them?"

"You think we know that person?" Derek questioned to which he nodded, "yeah, that's what I said."

"Who could it be then?" Derek raised his brows, "because I have no idea."

"Wait, what if that's how Erica died?" Stiles cut in, "they, like, pit them against each other during the full moons and see which one survives? It's like Werewolf Thunderdome."

"Then we get them out tonight," Derek said as if it was as simple as that which earned a look from Deaton, "be smart about this, Derek. You can't just go storming in."

"If Isaac got in, then so can we," Derek insisted as Deaton raised his brows, "but he didn't get through a vault door, did he?"

"We need a plan."

"How are we gonna come up with a plan to break into a bank vault in less than twenty-four hours?" Derek asked, losing patience.

"Well we have Reid," Deaton said, looking at the hybrid who rolled his eyes at his unsaid words.

"Funny," he muttered dryly, "I never broke into a bank vault before."

"Didn't you help your dad steal more than four hundred thousand dollars from a bank?"

"He did?" Derek mused, "I've always wondered how Gabriel is rich considering the man never worked."

"Stealing," Deaton hummed, "that's how."

"Look, I didn't have a choice, okay?" Reid groaned, "and it took us at least a week to do that."

"Guys, hear this." Stiles spoke up, "Beacon Hills First National Bank closes its doors three months after vault robbery. Doesn't say here how it was robbed, but it probably won't take long to find out."

"How long?"

"It's the internet, Derek, okay?" Stiles shot the werewolf an amused look when he couldn't catch up on what he was trying to say. The latter sighed, "minutes."

**

Reid and Scott went to Stiles's place to find out more about the bank robbery.

"Dude you said it was gonna be easy," Reid muttered, throwing a piece of paper on the ground while Scott handed him another, "there's absolutely nothing easy in this."

"Just a few more minutes," Stiles assured, yawning as he spoke, "we'll find it."

"It's midnight," Scott informed the two boys, "I'm tired. We have school tomorrow."

"We have lives at stake here, okay?" Stiles looked at the two boys. Scott was sitting on his office chair while Reid was sitting on the ground, leaning against the door, papers scattered around him, "sleep can wait."

Sleep didn't wait.

Both Stiles and Scott fell asleep roughly fifteen minutes later while Reid scoffed at them. He would've woke them up but decided against it seeing as they weren't getting anywhere with all these research.

Unlike the two other boys, Reid was nowhere sleepy. It was actually really hard for him to sleep unless he'd take sleeping pills and he didn't exactly carry them around.

He stood up and left Stiles's room, going outside. He stood on the porch and took out his packet of cigarettes from his pocket. He grabbed one, putting the packet back inside and then took out his lighter.

He lit his cigarette up and brought it to his lips, taking in the addictive substance. He was so concentrated on the euphoric feeling that he didn't hear the older Stilinski walking towards him. He only realised his presence when he cleared his throat, "smoking kills, you know."

"People die either way," Reid replied, unbothered as he took another drag.

"What are you doing up?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at the young boy who shrugged, "insomnia, you?"

"Something similar to that," he replied. Truth was, sometimes he'd find himself unable to sleep as well. And that day was one of those unfortunate days. As much as he wouldn't show it, Sheriff Stilinski was not the healthiest man out there. "You should go to sleep, son. You have school tomorrow."

"I know," Reid muttered, trying not to let his heart warm at the man's words. Nobody has ever cared for him except Deaton but the man had a funny way of showing it. He didn't live with Reid, he did not know how fucked up the teen's health was. "I'm gonna return home."

"At this time?" Stilinski asked, "hell no. It's too late for anyone to be out there alone at this time. Come back inside, spend the night."

Although Reid nodded at the man, he wasn't planning on staying. So once the sheriff returned back inside, he smoked for a few more minutes before leaving.