70

"IS THAT HIS HOME?" Stiles asked Scott, his eyes widening at the sight of the house in front of them.

It was night and the two decided to go find a dead body but not without Reid They tried to call him but he wouldn't answer which was why they decided to go to his house to get him.

"That's the address Lydia gave us," Scott responded, unable to take his eyes off the place as well, "holy shit, he lives here alone?"

"Apparently," Stiles nodded, taking a deep breath before they began to make their way towards the door. Scott brought his hand up and knocked only to receive no response whatsoever. He did it again and again but still, no one was answering the door.

"He isn't answering our calls either," Stiles muttered in concern, "is he okay?"

"How am I supposed to know?" Scott shot back, only to widen his eyes at Stiles suggestion, "how about we break in? It's Reid, he won't mind."

"Yeah..." Scott cleared his throat, "well that to him when he'll rip your heart out."

"It's fine, do it anyway." Stiles patted Scott's shoulder encouragingly. He took a deep breath and looked for the handle but frowned when he didn't see one, "where's the handle?"

"I don't know..." Stiles breathed out, equally confused until his eyes landed on a small device on the side of the wall. "I think you should type in the passcode or something."

"Okay well what could it be?" Scott asked, his eyes staying on the device, "his birthday?"

"Maybe," Stiles shrugged, "what's his birthdate?"

"I don't know," Scott muttered with a sigh, neither of them aware of the figure that was standing behind them until he finally made his presence known, "what are we doing?"

"Trying to enter this freakin—" Stiles cut himself off, his eyes widening as he abruptly turned to face Reid while Scott stilled. He slowly turned to look at him as well while he flashed them an amused look.

"I wasn't—"

"— We weren't..." Stiles spoke at the same time as Scott did, both jumping at an explanation but found none.

"You weren't trying to break in?" Reid finished with a tilt of his head.

"We were just worried about you," Scott explained, sighing as he stepped aside to let Reid through. He only hummed in response as the door flew open once he typed in the password.

The two followed him inside, their jaws dropping once they've taken in the interior of the place. "Dude, how the hell do you manage all that?" The question flew out of Stiles's lips as Reid took off his jacket and threw it somewhere in the living room. It was a habit of his.

He walked over to the small bar and poured himself a drink, "want some?"

"Please," Stiles was quick to grab a glass, waiting for him to pour whatever was in the bottle, "what's that?"

"Whiskey," he responded, pouring him a glass before looking at Scott who was still looking around the place, "what about you?"

"Yeah, thanks." Scott nodded, grabbing the glass from him.

"So..." Reid cleared his throat, jumping on the counter to sit, "what are we doing here?"

"We wanted to ask you if you wanted to come with us to find a dead body," Stiles responded, taking a sip of the whiskey, "damn this is awfully good!"

"I know right?" Reid grinned at him in response before remembering his previous words, "wait, a dead body? Hell yeah, of course I'm in."

"Great," Scott chugged down his glass, "now where the hell were you and what happened to your phone?"

"My phone is uh..." he took out his phone from his pocket, "dead. And I was somewhere."

"Where?" Stiles urged, narrowing his eyes at the hybrid, "hmm, where does a seventeen year old go at ten during the night?" Stiles's serious look faltered when Reid shoved him, the two breaking out in a fit of laughter, "fuck off."

"What, I thought it was great." Stiles stopped laughing and shrugged, "anyone else would've cracked."

"Why do I smell the scent of a dog?" Scott asked, sniffing loudly. Reid glanced at him, "I have a dog. But he's not here. He's been staying with Deaton for the past few days since I've barely been home."

"And he said he's not good with dogs," Stiles muttered under his breath earning a smile from Reid, "that was a lie, you should've known. We're kind of from the same—"

"— Where do you get stuff like these?" Scott interrupted and asked as he couldn't stop himself from doing so. 

"Let's get going," Reid ignored his question, placing the glass back on the table.

"Wait—" Scott frowned, "— do you do illegal stuff?"

"Dude of course not," Reid rolled his eyes, the lie rolling off his tongue smoothly, "your dad's an FBI agent and his is the sheriff, you really think that I would tell you even if I do?"

"So... yes?" Stiles raised his brows making him breathe out a chuckle before he said, "come on, let's go find that dead body."

The three left his house, heading straight towards Stiles's jeep.