35

REID WAS DOING HIS homework when he received a call from Lydia asking him to meet her at school as it was urgent so the hybrid instantly went there just as Scott and Stiles did.

"What happened?" Reid asked the strawberry blonde who looked at him with a fearful expression on her face, "it's the same thing. Same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different and ended up here. And you guys told me to call you if there's a dead body."

"Where's it?" Reid asked at the same time as Stiles did, "you found a dead body?"

"Not yet," Lydia muttered, shaking her head as she crossed her arms.

"Not yet?" Stiles repeated, "what do you mean, not yet? You're supposed to call us after you've found the dead body."

"No, I'm not doing that again," Lydia shook her head again, "you boys find the dead body from now on."

"How are we supposed to find the dead body?" Stiles questioned as Reid began looking around at the smell of fresh blood. His eyes fell on the body of a female deputy which was lying on the small wall on which ‘BEACON HILLS HIGH SCHOOL’ was written.

Scott seemed to have noticed that his attention was elsewhere so he followed his line of sight and his eyes widened when he saw what Reid was looking at.

"Guys?" Scott called out making the others look at him, "uh, we found the dead body."

"We should probably call the police or something and let them deal with this." Allison suggested as Stiles took out his phone and called his dad while Reid turned to the others, "return to your houses. She's been recently killed, I'm not sure it's safe here."

"Okay," Lydia nodded, "we'll find out what happened in a few hours. School's in a few hours anyway."

Everyone nodded, seeming to agree with what they said and decided to return to their houses. They went back to their own vehicles when Lydia stopped Reid, "I'll come with you."

"Wait, what?" Stiles frowned at the two, "why?"

"We have this project to do," Lydia replied, humming at her own words, "it's due today. We had completely forgotten about it."

"What project?" Stiles further asked, being skeptical as his eyes drifted back and forth between the two. "Are you two lying to me right now? Is there something going on that I'm not aware of?"

"No?" Reid muttered, glancing at Lydia who had taken her bottom lip in between her teeth, "nothing's going on, Stiles."

"I don't believe you," Stiles scoffed, narrowing his eyes at the hybrid, "you do know that I'm the son of a sheriff, right? I can tell when someone's lying."

"Lydia?" Scott called out, "you'd tell us if something's going on, right?"

The strawberry blonde nodded, "of course. We're just friends."

"Friends with benefits or friends friends?" Stiles was quick to ask which made both Lydia and Reid exchange a look before they replied at the same time, "friends."

"Somehow I don't believe it," Stiles muttered, sighing, "but whatever. The truth cannot stay long hidden."

"Stop being so dramatic," Reid opened the car door and Lydia instantly got inside the passenger seat, not wanting to deal with the questions any longer.

"Have fun," Scott shot them a knowing look, "with your project."

"Yeah, a project that we didn't get although we're together in almost all the classes," Stiles began sarcastically, "how weird."

"Leave them be," Allison rolled her eyes at Stiles who reluctantly walked back to his car. He wasn't jealous or anything, he just didn't want Lydia to get hurt but somehow he knew that Reid wouldn't hurt her, if anything, he'd protect her which was why he didn't have much of a problem with it. He was just teasing the two of them.

"I'll see you guys later," Reid spoke as he walked towards his own car door and opened it. The others walked back to their own vehicles and got in. Instead of leaving before them, Reid waited for them all to leave before he started his car again.

He didn't begin to drive immediately, instead, he turned to look at Lydia who was leaning comfortably in the seat, "mind telling me where you were going at this time?"

"I was coming to your place," she replied, offering him a cheeky smile, "but fate had other plans for me, apparently."

"Oh, yeah," he chuckled as he began driving. His voice was filled with sarcasm when he continued to speak, "you just found your second dead body. How do you feel about that?"

"Amazing," she replied with equal sarcasm in her tone, "I'm some sort of weird person who's led to dead bodies. That's just great, isn't it?"

"You'll get used to it," he said, "we've got to find out what you are because you're clearly a Supernatural being unless you know many people who can do the shit you do."

"I'm pretty sure it's nothing."

"Even you don't believe that."