46

REID STOOD BESIDE Stiles as they both watched Allison and Chris take out all their weapons— different kinds of guns and blades, placing them on the table.

Reid picked up a blade and twirled it in his hand effortlessly while Stiles watched him with surprise filling in his features, "woah, I need you to teach me how to do that. I mean, I can twirl but not with— you know."

"It's easy, just picture it as a pencil or something," Reid spoke, handing him the blade, "don't think about the sharp edges, it'll only make you cut yourself."

Stiles stared at the blade resting in his palm then he adjusted it on his fingers before pushing it forward rather too strong which resulted in the blade leaving his hand, going straight towards his face.

Reid was quick to act as he swiftly caught it before it could touch Stiles's face earning a sharp intake of breath from the latter who was incredibly relieved.

Stiles's eyes were wide opened, unable to think of what would have happened had Reid not catch the blade. He looked at the hybrid, "never again."

Reid nodded, a breathless chuckle leaving him as he placed the blade back on the table. He then picked up a gun and turned the safety on before pointing it at Chris jokingly. "Get on your knees and put your hands where I can see ‘em."

The older man shot him a blank look, rushing forward and taking the gun from him. "Stop playing around."

"I thought you guys retired," Stiles spoke, eyeing the weapons with confusion.

Chris turned to him, "retired, yes. Defenseless, no. Now make sure your phone's on. If you hear from Scott, you let us know immediately."

Stiles frowned as he mumbled grumly, "yeah, I'm thinking that's gonna be kind of unlikely..." He glanced at Allison and they both shared a look making Chris sigh, "both of you, try to remember— he's just doing what he thinks is right."

Upon hearing the floor creaking, they turned to find Isaac standing in the doorway, "I can't shoot a gun or use a crossbow, but well—" he showed them his hand and revealed his claws, "I'm getting pretty good with these."

"Good for you," Reid muttered as he turned to face the others, "all right so I'll go with—" he nodded towards Chris, "— my favourite man, of course."

"Didn't he kill your dad?" Isaac questioned, feeling confused by how okay Reid was with the fact that the man who killed his father was standing in the same room as his.

Reid raised a brow at Isaac, "I forgave him for it."

"That easily?" Isaac asked, pursing his lips when Chris shot him a glare, wordlessly telling him how he wasn't liking the questions he was throwing at the hybrid.

"Anyways," Reid dismissed his question, looking at Stiles who was looking rather lonely, standing there in a corner as he waited for the decisions to be taken. Reid then turned his head towards Isaac and clicked his tongue, "y'know what? You go with them. I'll go with my boyfriend over there."

"Your boyf—" Isaac cut himself off, shaking his head, "— okay, you know what? You're officially the most confusion guy I've ever met."

"I know right?" Reid made his way towards Stiles who flashed him a smile. "So, everyone knows what to do right?"

"I give the orders here," Chris spoke up, his tone serious and loud making Reid shoot him a look, "but I'm an alpha so technically speaking, pack or not, according to how it's supposed to be, I'm the one who—"

"— Shut up and go." Chris interrupted his talk which made him smirk at him before both him and Stiles left to go see Lydia.

However, on their way there, Reid received a message from Deaton, telling him to meet him as soon as possible for he had something important to tell him. So, Reid told Stiles that he would meet them back at school before he left for Deaton's clinic.

Once he reached, he didn't waste time as he walked in, not surprised to find Alan standing there as if he knew he would come as soon as called.

"What is it?" Reid was quick to ask, not really being someone who was patient, "you said it was important."

"It is," Deaton shot him a concerning look, "sit down—" he nodded towards a chair, "—I have quite a lot to tell you."