90

ALLISON HELD UP one of the claws, her brows furrowed, "these are the claws of Derek's mother?"

"My sister, Talia, before she died, she stole a memory from me," Peter informed with a grim look, "it's something only a very powerful alpha can do. That memory is locked inside those claws."

"There must have been a good reason as to why she'd do that," Reid mumbled from the table he was sitting on despite the fact that Peter told him to get down countless times. He'd only shoot him a 'I can do whatever the fuck I want' look everytime. Peter ended up accepting that he wouldn't listen to him.

"He's right. Why would your sister want to steal a memory from you?" Lydia questioned, giving him a knowing stare.

"Well, if I remembered the memory, I might be able to tell you." Peter shot back earning a small roll of her eyes from the strawberry blonde before she asked, "so what am I supposed to do?"

|•|

After Peter told Lydia what she had to do, she found herself standing and facing the window as she tried to focus only to get interrupted by Peter who exclaimed, "focus!"

She snapped her head in his direction, annoyed, "I am focusing!"

"You're not!" Peter shook his head, "I can see the wheels spinning behind your eyes." When Lydia shot him a look of disbelief, he further explained, "your hearing is attuned to a level of the universe no one else can hear. But only if you're listening."

"I am trying," she muttered which earned a frustrated sigh from Peter who shot off the table, "try harder!"

Both Reid and Allison jumped to their feet, the huntress placing her weapon a few inches away from his neck, ready to electrocute him at any given moment.

Peter turned his head to look at her, taking out his claws. "Your aunt had one of those." He taunted, "aunty Kate."

"My dad these," Reid spoke up, nodding towards his claws as he stood, looking as calm as ever, "and so did all the other werewolves I've murdered. Unless you wanna be one of them, I'd suggest you back the fuck off."

Peter clenched his jaw at the threat but slowly retracted his claws nonetheless.

"Stop it," Lydia spoke up making them look at her, "all the three of you."

"Didn't do her much good as I ripped her throat out, did it?"

"She didn't shove it up your ass—" Allison was cut off by Lydia who screamed, "stop it!" She used her hand and sent the claws flying into the wooden wall, burying themselves there.

"Wow," Reid breathed out, "that just made her become ten times hotter."

Peter rolled his eyes at the comment while Allison fought back a smile before their attention flickered to Lydia who was starting to walk towards the claws with furrowed brows and a confused face.

"Lydia?" Peter called out but it didn't seem like she was hearing him as she continued to approach the claws. "Lydia, did you hear something? What is it? What are they saying? Is it the memory? What did Talia take from me?" When she stayed silent, Peter shouted, "tell me what she knew!"

She slowly turned around to face them, her eyes filled with tears and her expression was one of shock. She took a deep breath, hesitating before she finally blurted out, "you're not just an uncle."

Peter's eyes widen in surprise as he glanced down at the ground, allowing the words to sink in. He let out a shaky breath, "what? Who is it?"

"I don't know."

"Yes you do!" Peter shouted again, "tell me who it is!" He started taking slow steps towards her and she backed away, "I said I don't know. I don't know it's name, if it's a boy or a girl or if it's some mutated wolf baby."

"You're lying," Peter said simply as he finally cornered her against the wall, "tell me what you know." His hand shot out to grab her shoulders but before he could, Reid wrapped his hand around his neck from behind and tossed him across the room while Allison took the opportunity to use her electric stick on him.

"I've had it with you," Reid said to him before grabbing Lydia's hand, "we're leaving." The three then walked out of the place, leaving Peter on the ground.

Once they were in the car, Reid turned to look at the banshee, "so who's it?"

"Malia."