19

REID FURROWED HIS brows at the sight in front of him. There, tied to a tree was the man from Scott's work who was dead.

"It's him, isn't it?" Stiles asked Scott who stayed quiet, confirming his suspicion.

"Hey, get out of the way!" Sheriff Stilinski shouted as he tried to come forth to view what happened, "get back!" Once he saw the body, he turned to his partner, Tara, "get this area cordoned off before they trample every piece of evidence."

"Back up!" Tara shouted, gesturing for the students to go away, "everyone back!"

"Get these kids out of here!"

"Dad, just come here," Stiles dragged his dad towards the body, pointing to his neck, "look, look! Look at it— it's the same as the others, you see?"

"Yeah, I see that," Stilinski nodded, "do me a favor? Go back to school, yeah? Coach, can you give us a hand, here?"

"You heard the man!" Coach turned to the students, "nothing to see here! Probably just some homeless kid."

"So what?" Reid questioned the man who went silent at his question.

"Coach?" Scott called out making him look at him, "yeah?"

"He was a senior," Scott informed earning a frown from him, "oh... He wasn't on the team, was he?"

Just then, a girl rushed forward and let out a cry, "Kyle! Oh, God, Kyle! Oh, God!"

"Go on!" Stilinski turned to the four teenagers, urging them to leave, "go."

"You see the way the twins looked at him?" Isaac asked as the four began walking away.

"Yeah," Stiles scoffed, "you mean, like, they had no idea what happened?"

"No," Isaac shook his head, "no, they knew.".

Stiles sighed in exasperation, "the kid was strangled with a garrote, all right? Am I the only one recognizing the lack of werewolf-itude in these murders?"

"No," Reid cut in, "I'm with you a hundred percent."

"Oh, you guys think it's a coincidence they turn up and then people start dying—" Isaac paused, remembering something, "— now that I think of it..." He turned to Reid, "it's the same thing with you."

"You think I did that?" Reid raised his brows, humoured by his assumption, "all right, you know what? Busted. I totally did that."

"For real?" Isaac asked earning a sigh from him, "no. It wasn't me. I was home all night, okay? And I've been helping you guys with this stuff. Why would I do that?"

When he stayed silent, Reid scoffed, "exactly."

"So it's the twins then," Isaac nodded making Stiles shake his head, "well, no, but I still don't think it's them... Scott?"

"How 'bout you?" Isaac finished Stiles's question as Scott looked at them awkwardly, not knowing whose side to be on, "I don't know yet."

Stiles shot him a incredulous look, "you don't know yet?"

"Well, he's got a point..." Scott pointed to Isaac, "seriously, dude? Human sacrifices?"

"What's so unbelievable about human sacrifices?" Reid questioned, "look at the way they're dying. It's literally screaming sacrifices."

"Right? Scott, your eyes turn into yellow glow-sticks, okay?" Stiles began proving his point further, "hair literally grows from your cheeks and then will immediately disappear, and if I were to stab you right now, it would just magically heal, but you're telling me that you're having trouble grasping human sacrifices? Besides, Reid believes that I'm right."

Scott sighed, having an internally battle with himself, "that's a good point, too—"

"— I don't care," Isaac cut him off, determined, "they killed that kid. They killed the girl that saved me. I'm gonna kill them, too."

"Okay, have fun doing that." Reid spoke, his tone dripping with sarcasm, "I'll drop roses at your grav—"

"— No need to be so negative," Isaac interrupted, "you're not sure I'll die. I could kill them."

"Come on now, even you don't believe that," Reid muttered, letting out a sigh before he turned more serious, "look, Isaac— I don't care that you wanna go get yourself killed, all right? I'm just giving you heads up here. Think this through... They are twins— alphas, okay? One scratch from them and it's gonna take you hours to heal. I'll leave the rest up for your imagination."

"He's got a point," Scott nodded in the hybrid's direction. "We'll talk bout this later. We got class."