55

WHEN THEY REACHED Derek's loft, they told him what was going to happen so the werewolf decided to leave, thinking it was the best option as he left Reid, Lydia and Ethan to deal with Aiden and Kali.

The three were leaning against a table as they stared at the entrance, waiting for the two werewolves to show up. And when they finally did, Kali broke the alarm, looking at them, not exact expecting to find Reid there. "Where is he?"

"He went to get you some shoes," Reid took a seat on the table, flashing a grin at Kali who glared at him, looking at Lydia, "where is he?" She repeated her question.

"I think he said he was heading out to do some shopping, run a few errands," Lydia began, "the usual—" she cleared her throat, "werewolf afternoon."

"Who do you think you're talking to?" Kali asked, frustration clear in her tone.

"Someone in desperate need of a pedicure," Lydia responded, looking down at her feet, "I'd be happy to give you a referral!"

Kali clenched her jaw and took a step forward only to stop when she noticed the glare Reid was sending her way– it was a warning. She gritted her teeth and took a few steps backwards, "where the hell is Derek?" She asked them again.

Just then, someone jumped in through the roof, causing shards of glasses to fall everywhere. Reid was quick to act as he grabbed Lydia's hand and wrapped his arms around her, shielding her with his body in a corner.

Jennifer landed on the ground and stood up, looking straight at Kali and Aiden, "so, who wants to go first?"

While Kali and Jennifer fought, Reid sat down beside Lydia, holding her close as he watched them fight, not really wanting to get involved.

"Aren't you going to help them?" The strawberry blonde asked, her voice low as she feared she'd drag attention to them. The last thing she wanted was for Jennifer to kill her and finish the job.

"They're the enemies, remember?" Reid whispered back although he didn't really care about drawing attention to them but he could sense that she was nervous and scared from the way she was gripping his shirt and shaking.

Ethan decided to join the fight as Jennifer finished taking down Kali who was now lying unconscious on the ground. She turned to Aiden and Ethan who went to stand next to each other before holding hands, merging once again. However, before they could, Jennifer rushed towards them and grabbed their heads before roughly splitting them apart, sending them flying against the wall.

Lydia gripped Reid tighter, "you have to do something. She'll kill them."

"That's the point," Reid muttered, watching as Kali now stood up making Jennifer look at her.

"That's right, Kali..." Jennifer smirked at her, "look at me. Look at my face. Do you know what it takes to be able to look like this? To be able to look normal?"

"I don't care," Kali muttered earning a sadistic smile from Jennifer, "it takes power. Power like this." Using her powers, Jennifer raised the shards of glass in the air and directed them towards Kali's face.

The werewolf's eyes widened and she gritted her teeth with anger, "I should've— I should've ripped your head off!"

Jennifer let out a scream before she made all the shards go towards Kali who instantly died as the sharp glasses pierced her skin. They all watched as she fell on the ground, dead.

Jennifer then turned to Reid and Lydia who were both now standing. Her eyes widened slightly at the sight of the hybrid, she thought he was dead. "You're supposed to be dead."

"Same goes for you," Reid shot back, staring at her with a smile on his face, "is someone disappointed that I'm not dead, hmm? Trust me that's the last thing you want."

"Oh, I know–" Jennifer smirked, "– your mother told me about it. That's why Deucalion has ordered them not to kill you." She approached him while he stayed still, not scared of her, "that's why even he fears you."

"So," he pulled Lydia closer to him, tightening his grip around her, "you have my mom, huh?"

"I needed a guardian..." She replied simply, "but then I found out that you're her son so I decided to look for another guardian. Chris."

"So what, did you kill her then?"

"No, I figured you'd want to do that yourself." Jennifer smiled making him raise his brows as she clarified, "I know how it feels to want to have revenge. I'm not going to be the one to deprive you of that."

"Oh, wow– that's very thoughtful of you!" Reid's tone was dripping with sarcasm, "thank you very much."

"I don't want to fight you," Jennifer admitted softly making him scoff, "you're scared I'll kill you."

"I'm—" Jennifer was cut off when someone grabbed her from behind and threw her across the room. It was the twins who merged successfully again. She quickly stood up and faced them. Reid watched as they fought.

It all happened so quick. The fight ended up with Jennifer snapping their necks, making them fall on the ground, half–dead.

Lydia gasped at what happened, her grip tightening on Reid's hand. She felt safe with him.

Jennifer turned to face Reid and Lydia again, "what's the line Coach likes to say? The bigger they are...?"

"Lydia looks scared," Jennifer muttered, giving her a fake sympathetic look, "she doesn't know what you are, does she?"

"What?" Lydia whispered, looking at him, "what's she talking about?"

"Noth—"

"— Your boyfriend here," Jennifer cut Reid off, smiling at the banshee, "is not only a werewolf. He's what we call... A hybrid. Half–werewolf, half–vampire."