82

REID SAT NEXT TO Lydia on the couch along with Scott, Stiles and Kira in the sheriff's office with Rafael standing in front of them as he listened to their story.

When Lydia found out that the flies weren't actually flies but electricity, they went to save Kira who somehow absorbed the electricity which was very confusing. However, the Barrow was dead.

"So, when did you get there?" Rafael asked Stiles who replied with, "at the same time."

"At the same time as who?" Rafael raised his brows and Scott was the one who spoke, "at the same time as me."

"What about you?" Rafael turned to Reid who was tracing his fingers on the back of Lydia's hand, looking bored with the whole thing. He looked up at Rafael, "hmm?"

"When did you get there?" The FBI agent repeated his question. Reid shrugged, "at the same time as them."

"By coincidence?"

"What do you mean, 'by coincidence'?" Stiles raisrd his brows earning a sigh from Rafael, "that's what I'm asking you. The three of you arrived at the same time- was that a coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott furrowed his brows to which Stiles hum, "I think he's asking me."

"No, I think he's asking me." Reid played along when Rafael looked at him with an annoyed expression.

"I think he's asking the three of you," Lydia spoke earning a frustreated groan from Scott's dad, "okay, let me answer the questions."

He went silent at his own words, realising he didn't have the answer to their questions when they all shot him looks. He sighed, rephrasing, "let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear- Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then, Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the whole town."

"Sounds about right." Stiles muttered which had Rafael furrow his brows questioningly, "how did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer," Stiles shrugged, "so, where else would he take her?"

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles," Rafael pointed out accusingly earning a smug look from Stiles, "yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops- he's in law enforcement." Stiles winked at his dad who snorted behind his hand. Rafael turned to look at him and he composed himself.

"Stiles, just, uh—" The sheriff paused, "just answer the man."

"We made a good guess," Stiles answered. Rafael hummed, looking at Scott and Kira, "what were the two of you doing?"

"Eating pizza."

"Eating sushi."

They exchanged a look at their unmatched answers before Scott corrected, "eating sushi."

"Eating pizza," Kira said at the same time making Reid bit his lip to hold in a laugh. Kira and Scott then simultaneously answered at the same time, "eating sushi and pizza."

"What about you two?" Rafael looked at Reid and Lydia, "what were you two doing?"

"Fucking."

"Hanging out."

Rafael raised his brows at Reid's answer while he shrugged, "that's her decent way of saying that we were actually f—" he was cut off when Lydia shot him a look, wordlessly telling him to shut up. "Whatever."

Rafael scoffed in disbelief as Reid ignored the pointed look the strawberry blonde was sending him. The FBI agent turned to the sheriff, "you believe this?"

"Believe what? That they were...? Sheriff Stilinki trailed off, raising his brows in question at Rafael who stayed silence. He shrugged, "I mean, yes, I do believe that. And to be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak— But, I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time, and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

"Kira, is that how you remember it?"

"Yes," she nodded at Rafael's question,  "could I get my phone back now?"

"Sorry, but no," he shook his head, "Kira, a deputy is going to take you home, but we need you to fill out some paperwork first." He looked at the others, "the rest of you may go." At that, the teenagers stood up and made their way out of the office.

"You wanna come at my place?" Lydia asked as she walked beside Reid, "my mom just texted me. She made dinner and somehow knows I'm with you right now so she invited you to join."

"Sure," he muttered, "I don't have anything else to do anyway."