78

RUNNING AROUND IN his wolf form made Reid feel free. He loved the feeling of the air hitting his fur as he ran. He liked chasing random animals just to let them go after.

What he was not expecting was to see Henry Tate standing with a gun pointed in a coyote's direction. Reid slowed down on his steps and darted his eyes on the animal he was targeting, not having noticed Allison and Isaac hiding behind some trees.

Without thinking twice, Reid ran towards the coyote, shoving her out of the way just as Henry pulled the trigger. At the same time, Allison pulled hers, sending the man unconscious.

Reid looked down at the coyote beneath him, recognition flashing in both their eyes. He was instantly reminded of that one time where he and some coyote played in some part of the forest, it wasn't in Beacon Hills though. It was somewhere further away. He thought it was just an animal. He didn't know it was a girl.

Getting off her, she tilted her head to the side and let out a low growl, trying to tell him something. Before Reid could decipher what she was saying, they heard the sound of footsteps.

The coyote stiffened, alerted as she began to run away. Reid looked beside him to find Scott who did not notice him as he focused on the coyote and began chasing her. Interesting signing, he took off after both of them.

His paws hitting the ground, crushing the dried leaves and branches in his path while he ran after the coyote and Scott who was too busy to notice that there was a large black wolf on his tail.

Growing tired and irritated, he stopped and let out a loud growl which made both Scott and the coyote stop right in their tracks. Scott's eyes widened with surprise, awe and fear when he slowly turned around to look at the big wolf standing there, his eyes a familiar grey.

He ignored Scott, running past him as he neared the coyote. With her staring back at him, his eyes glowed red and hers began glowing blue. Scott watched in shock as she shifted into her human form, revealing Malia.

She lied there on the ground, naked, confused but relieved as well. She stared at her hands then her eyes fell on Reid who was still in his wolf form.

Scott slowly approached the two, cautious of the wolf as he did not know who it was yet. "Malia?"

She looked at him and nodded her head cautiously. "It's okay, I'm here to help."

"You-" Malia ignored Scott and looked at Reid instead, "- I know you."

"Do you?" Scott questioned, furrowing his brows in both confusion and amazement as he stared at the black wolf. He had never seen one so big. "I... Are you a werewolf? A... shifter?"

Reid visibly rolled his eyes at Scott who raised his brows at the action but also relaxed as he gave him an answer to his question by doing that.

"Reid?" Scott muttered in realisation, widening his eyes, "oh my god, is that you?"

Reid nodded making his eyes widen even more. "Holy shit!" Scott exclaimed, "you're a shifter? What- how?"

Instead of replying, Reid walked towards Scott and tugged on his jacket earning a confused look from him which however was turned into realisation when the wolf nodded in Malia's direction. Scott was quick to take it off and handing it to Malia who covered herself up.

"Sorry," he mumbled to which she said nothing in response. Scott looked back at Reid, "aren't you gonna change back?"

He shook his head at his question. "Why?" Scott asked only to purse his lips when he realised that he could not reply.

"He'll be naked if he does," Malia replied instead, "I think that's why." Reid nodded in her direction as a reply, confirming her answer.

"Oh," Scott cleared his throat, "right. Right. Come with me then, both of you." He had already began to walk when he noticed that neither Reid nor Malia were following him. He groaned, "what now?" He looked at the wolf, "don't worry, there's only our friends there if that's what you're worried about. Now, come on."

Both Malia and Reid followed Scott wordlessly. The hybrid could not care less that he was about to show up a wolf. If anything, he wanted to see their reactions.

**

Sheriff Stilinki had taken Malia to her father's house while the others were still in the preserve. Reid was hiding behind the trees as he waited to scare them, except Scott.

Lydia was standing next to Allison with Isaac and Stiles while Scott was waiting for Reid to make an appearance, having understood his plan when he had stopped following him and went to hide behind a tree instead a few minutes agk.

"Oh my god," Stiles breathed out, his eyes staying fixed on the black wolf who finally emerged from behind the trees and began walking towards them, "is that a... is that a wolf?"

"It's the same one we saw earlier," Isaac gulped, looking at Allison who was also staring at him.

Wanting to scare him, Reid let out a small growl and began running towards Stiles who instantly took off, screaming as he did so, "no, no, no, stop! Help! Holy shit! Scott!"

Allison was quick to react as she directed the gun in her hand towards the black wolf along with Isaac readied himself for another fight while Scott laughed making him look at him, confused. "Wait, it's okay, he won't hurt him."

Before any of them could say anything else, Stiles screamed louder as Reid finally tackled him to the ground. That only made Scott laugh louder earning a frown from the others.

"Oh hell, he's going to die," Isaac muttered, his breath getting caught up in his throat.

"No, relax." Scott assured, unable to contain his chuckle as he looked at Reid who was barring his teeth at Stiles who had his eyes squeezed shut, awaiting his death.

Reid finally got off Stiles and stood there to stare at him instead. He peered an eye open, a confused look finding it's way onto his face and he immediately stood up as well to look at Reid. "Guys, I think he's vegetarian."

"What?" Scott only laughed louder at his words, "no."

Reid tuned out their words when he saw Lydia walking towards him. When she bent down to run her fingers through his hair, he couldn't help but get closer to her, nuzzling his face against her.

"I think he likes you," Stiles commented, confused when he finally put the pieces together, "oh my god, is that... Is that-"

"- Reid." Lydia muttered, having felt his presence way earlier, "it's Reid."

"What?" Allison stared at the Strawberry blonde, confused.

Scott hummed in agreement, "she's right. That's him."

"He's the..." Stiles trailed off, looking down at him in amazement, "biggest wolf I've ever seen."

"But how's this possible?" Isaac question made Scott look at him, "I don't know. Derek's mom was a shifter too."

"Why isn't he shifting back?" Stiles asked, unable to stop himself from getting down on his knees to caress Reid as well. However, he backed away when he received a glare from the wolf.

"Sorry, I got it." Stiles raised his hands to his sides in a surrendering motion, "nobody can touch you but her. Kinda unfair if you ask me."

"He'd be naked," Scott answered his question. He nodded in response, "oh, right. Don't really see the problem with that but okayyy..."

༺═───────────═༻
I know it was Scott who turned Malia back and stuff but this isn't his story so obviously he doesn't have to get the spotlight. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter.