57

REID RELUCTANTLY AGREED to let go of Jennifer with the sole intention of killing her once she'd tell him where his mom was.

Jennifer, however, had managed to convince Derek that he needed her help to beat Deucalion and despite the fact that Reid didn't care about that, he found himself following them.

The eclipse was near. Even he would lose all his powers since his vampire side was dormant.

Jennifer received a message from Scott telling her to meet them at some spot where he and Deucalion was waiting for her. Soon enough, the three entered the place, finding Scott and Deucalion standing beside each other.

"Reid," Deucalion sensed the familiar presence, "how nice of you to join us."

"What are you doing?" Scott asked, stunned at the sight of Derek and Reid along with Jennifer.

"This might be hard to believe," Derek began, "but I'm actually trying to help you."

Deucalion shot them an amused look, "oh, like brother against brother— How very American this is."

"Wait," Reid muttered, looking at Jennifer, "if despite having sacrificed all these people, I could take you down within a few seconds— you literally stand no chance against him."

"The Eclipse will be in my favour, Reid." Jennifer spoke, refraining herself from rolling her eyes, "you'll stall and then I'll kill him and you'll watch or you're never finding out where your mom is, got it?"

"At least tell me where she is before you go get yourself killed."

His words were ignored by Jennifer who kept her eyes fixed on Deucalion who couldn't help but smirk, "oh, so she has your mother. That's why you're siding with her."

"Yeah," Reid raked his fingers through his hair, "you see the kind of situation I'm in.

"Are you ready, Jennifer?" Deucalion tilted his head to the side, "hmm? Did you gather your herbs? Pray to your ancient gods and your oak trees? Slit a baby's throat, perhaps? Should we show them why you needed to sacrifice nine innocent people, just to face me?" He began transforming, his face turning into his werewolf one with glowing red eyes, "or is it twelve now?"

With a loud growl, he rushed towards Derek who was quick to react as he tried to punch him but Deucalion was faster and instantly grabbed his wrist midair. Derek then tried to hit him with his other hand but Deucalion grabbed that one too and smirked at him before lowering his hands.

Meanwhile, Reid walked over to Scott and stood beside him— the two watched the scene unfold without saying anything.

Jennifer then decided to intervene as she tried to use her powers to push Deucalion away but it didn't work which shocked her. A gasp left her once Deucalion wrapped his hands around both hers and Derek's throat, lifting them up in the air.

He then threw them on the ground. Derek got gack on his feet and tried to hit him again but he caught his hand and tossed him in the air, sending him crashing in a wall. Jennifer tried to hit him as well but Deucalion was too strong. He roughly grabbed her and sent her crashing into the ground.

Reid bit his lip, knowing that he was about to kill her. As much as he wanted him to, Jennifer was the only person who knew where his mother was.

Deucalion grabbed Jennifer by the back of her neck and lifted her then dragged her towards where Reid and Scott were standing. He stood in front of them and looked at Scott, "kill her."

"Wait, before you do that—" Reid began, looking at Jennifer, "— tell me where she is."

"Save me and maybe I will," Jennifer shot back, glancing up at Deucalion through gritted teeth. The demon alpha looked at his nephew who was contemplating on what to do. He shot him a look, "are you seriously considering fighting me right now, Reid? After everything I did for you? Your mother doesn't even deserved to be saved."

"I know she doesn't," Reid mumbled, "I don't want her to have the easy way out."

"I can find your mother for you if that's what you want–" Deucalion spoke, "– just don't intervene and let this one die."

"He's lying," Jennifer groaned when he tightened his hand around her neck, "it's what he wants, Reid. You, having absolutely no one so you can turn to him. It's what he does. You think it's a coincidence that your mother never contacted you? It's because he threatened her!"

Reid frowned, confused, "what are you on about?"

"It's true," Jennifer spoke, "she told me—"

"— Enough!" Deucalion growled, tightening his grip on her neck, "you think lying to him will make him save you? You're delu—"

"— No," Reid interrupted, looking at his uncle, "no, let her speak. I wanna hear it."

Deucalioj gritted his teeth, accepting as Jennifer began to talk, "she told me to tell you that she has always wanted to be there for you but her asshole of a brother didn't allow it. He kept her away— he threatened to kill you if she ever contacts you. She told me that when she found out that I know you."

"Oh, come on. This is stupid! She knows that you can't die," Deucalion cut in, "so why would she be so scared, hmm? Think about it. And why would I ever want to kill you when all I've done is try to keep you alive?"

"She doesn't know that you're a hybrid," Jennifer informed, ignoring the pain that shot up to her scalp when Deucalion moved his hand to the back of her hand and gripped her hair, "stop talking."

"Let her talk or I swear to god—" Reid glared at him, "— if you so as much as try to shut her up, I'll kill you."

Deucalion clenched his jaw at his words. Even though he taught him a lot of things, even he knew better than to go against the hybrid. One, he couldn't kill him and second, he could barely even bring himself to hurt him even though whatever Jennifer was blabbering was the truth. He truly cared about the seventeen year old despite everything.

"It's true," Jennifer continued, "she thinks that you're only a werewolf, thus... kill–able. He wants you all to himself. He is using the fact that your mom left and your dad died to his advantage."

"But he left though," Reid muttered, slight annoyance in his tone. Jennifer sighed, "he left to look for other alphas. He knew that you were there nonetheless."

"She's lying," Deucalion spoke up, looking at Reid, "you're not seriously believing this lying bitch, are you? The one who has your mother in her captive? At this point, she's ready to say anything just so I don't kill her."

"Is that shit about threatening to kill me true?"

"What? How can you even—" Deucalion was cut off by Reid, "— yes or no?"

"Fine," he sighed, clenching his jaw all while tightening his grip around Jennifer's hair in anger, "yes, it's true but I did it for you!"

"For me?" Reid scoffed, "all these years, I thought that she didn't give two fucks about me."

"She didn't!" Deucalion exclaimed, "she didn't even want you when you were born!"

"She's your mother, Reid." Jennifer spoke up, "maybe she didn't want you at first but all mothers love their child despite everything. She regrets leaving you."

"She can save her sob story, I don't care," Reid muttered, looking at Deucalion who looked rather pleased at his response, "why'd you do it?"

"She would've changed you," he replied, "turned you into someone... soft. You're a killer, Reid. You were born to do so."

"Where is she?" Reid asked Jennifer who pursed her lips and shook her head, "save me and I'll talk. That's the deal."

"Enough of your games," Deucalion said harshly before throwing Jennifer across the room like a ragdoll, "Reid will never fight me despite everything he's said." He looked at Scott, "kill her! Become the alpha you're meant to be!"

When Scott said nothing and refused, Deucalion walked towards him and grabbed him by the back of his neck then wrapped his fingers around his wrist and directed them towards Jennifer before he began pushing him to talk towards her, "— maybe you just need a little guidance."