16

WHEN REID WENT TO meet Derek and Scott, he saw Isaac there as well. Scott was on the phone, talking to Stiles when he walked up to them.

"Nice to you to finally join us," Derek commented sarcastically, "where were you?"

"Dropping off some kids," Reid replied with shrug before turning to Isaac, "hey, good to see you."

"Hey," Isaac smiled as Reid glanced at Scott and eavesdropped on his conversation with Stiles.

"Yep," the werewolves heard Stiles spoke, "throat ripped out, blood everywhere— it's like The-frickin'-Shining over here! If two little twin girls come out of the woods and start asking me to play with them forever and ever, I'm not gonna be surprised."

"Can you get a little closer to make sure it was them?" Scott asked earning a scoff from Stiles, "make sure it was them? Scott, who else is going around ripping throats out?"

"Please," Scott sighed, "just do it." After a few seconds, Stiles confirmed it and Scott hung up, turning to face the others. Derek had a frown on his face, "this doesn't make any sense. The public pool is all the way on the other side of the woods. We haven't tracked them anywhere near there—"

Scott looked at him, "Derek, they killed someone."

"How are they moving so fast?" Derek asked, looking for anything that would say that it wasn't them. He refused to believe it. Scott shot him a look, "Derek—"

"But they can't be that fast on foot!" Derek exclaimed, letting out a loud sigh as Reid nodded, "can't believe I'm saying this but he's kinda right—"

"—They killed someone," Scott cut him off, "some totally innocent kid is dead... And it's our fault."

"Yeah," Reid muttered, "you guys."

"No, it's my fault," Derek grumbled as Scott sigh, "we need help."

"We have Isaac," Derek nodded in Isaac's direction, "and Reid now."

"I mean real help!" Scott exclaimed, "they're too fast for us, for all of us. They're too strong, too rabid—"

"— Reid’s real help. He can catch them," Derek cut Scott off, "and with our help, it will be easier. We'll catch em—"

"What happens if we do?" Isaac questioned, "we just gonna hold them down until the sun comes up?"

"Maybe it would be easier just to kill 'em." Derek suggested making Reid point a finger in his direction, nodding, "I agree.

Scott shook his head, "killing them isn't the right thing to do."

"What if it's the only thing to do?" Isaac asked, "If we can't even catch them, what else can we do?"

"Find someone who knows what they're doing," Scott suggested earning a skeptical look from the other werewolves around him, "who?"

"Someone who knows how to hunt Werewolves," Scott spoke and Reid sighed, having caught up on what he was suggesting.

**

AND THAT WAS HOW Reid found himself in a parking loft with Scott while Isaac and Derek were sitting in the car, waiting for them.

While Scott was standing behind Chris Argent who was loading things in his car boot, Reid was waiting in front of his car, unnoticed by Argent.

Chris turned around swiftly, his gun pointing in Scott's direction. The younger boy stilled as he stared at the father of his ex-girlfriend, "uh... Hi."

Reid stood, staying hidden and listened to the conversation that was happening in front of him. Scott explained their problem to the hunter and Reid waited for his response.

"First of all, why would I care about anyone related to Derek?" Chris asked, "and second, I don't know this kid, Boyd— I don't even know his last name."

"Boyd is his last name," Scott's words made Reid raise his brows. Even he didn't know that.

"What's his first name?" Chris asked out of curiosity to which Scott replied, "Vernon. And, just curious... Is there a reason the gun is still pointed at me?"

"Well, there's probably still some part of me that wants to shoot you..." Argent trailed off earning a nod from Scott, "I get that."

He sighed, "Scott, I watched my father brainwash my daughter... almost turn her into a killer. That world— your world— decimated mine. My wife, sister, father, my entire family. Why would I ever step foot in it again?"

"Because people are going to die," Scott spoke seriously, "and because you know how to catch Boyd and Cora without killing them."

Argent had a grim look on his face as he shook his head, "I'm sorry. I can't help you."

"Oh come on." Reid spoke, walking towards Chris who instantly point his gun at him but Reid was quick as he disarmed him within a second, the gun now in his own hands earning a surprised look from Argent, "you're our last hope... In a way."

"Reid—" Argent began only to be interrupted by him as he mocked"— Chris. Look, they killed someone, okay? Hunting is what you do. We're only asking you to do it one last time."

"How does a seventeen year old learn to disarm someone like that?" Chris questioned, ignoring his words. Reid shrugged, "my dad, you know... the one you killed." Reid attempted to guilt trip the man and was pleased to see that it was working when a guilty look crossed over his face, "he was paranoid."

"Fine," Chris sighed, reaching over to grab his gun back from him, "one last time. Let's go."