92

"WE NEED THAT FINGER."

Kincaid furrowed his brows at Scott and Allison, "why should I give it to you?"

"There's a briefcase in there with one hundred and fifty thousand in it." Kincaid scoffed at Allison's words, "the scroll inside this prosthetic finger is worth three million."

"Give me the finger," Scott demanded, growing impatient. When Kincaid shot him a look, he sighed, "you know what I mean."

Just then, Kira who was standing behind Kincaid on the car jumped on his back and tried to hit him but he barely moved an inch. Instead, he grabbed her and threw her on the ground, his eyes glowing blue as he barred his teeth at Allison and Scott, "I guess negotiations are over." Then he growled and charged at Scott.

Reid who was hiding and watching the whole thing with Lydia turned to look at her with an unimpressed look, "well, this is going amazing. Wouldn't have been the same had you not decide that I'm gonna walk up there and kill him."

"Look," the strawberry blonde sighed, "I'm sorry."

"I don't care." He brushed her off, "everytime I'm fighting someone and you're there, you give me that look that basically screams fear."

"What?" Lydia furrowed her brows, confused as to where he was going with this. While he wasn't lying, she didn't think he'd notice. Of course she'd get scared, seeing your boyfriend killing people is bound to be scary.

"That tells me you think I'd hurt you like that," he continued, "or just anyone, really. You think I'm some sort of monster or something. You've voiced out before once. I don't think your opinion on me has changed."

"Wait," she paused, "you can't blame me for thinking that. Like really, you've killed your own parents. It's normal for me not to feel safe around you sometimes—" she was cut off by a scoff, "well, I'm sorry for killing people who fucking sucked at parenting. I can't believe you have a problem with that even after knowing what they did. Need I remind you that my mom hurt you? She practically asked for it."

"That's not what—"

"— And," he cut her off again, "wow, I didn't know that you don't feel safe around me." His voice was laced with sarcasm and bitterness as he spat out the next words, "I'm sorry, I'll stay away from you from now on."

"What? No, that's not what I meant. I'm sorry, that came out wrong. I—" she took a deep breath, "I don't know why I said that."

"You can't lie to me, remember?" He said through gritted teeth, "so yeah, spare me the fucking excuses. They're getting beaten up out there," Reid pointed out, his eyes staying fixed on Scott who was now on the ground with Kincaid hovering over him. He clicked his tongue when Allison was roughly shoved against the wall. "Fuck this. I'm going out there."

Lydia said nothing and went to help Allison while Reid approached them to take part in the fight. Ethan and Aiden were already engaged, managing to land a few hits at the werewolf. But soon enough, they were on the ground as well.

Kincaid growled at them and was about to claw at Ethan who was on the floor when his hand was caught by Reid and he was roughly tossed on the ground at his turn, Reid quickly hovering over him with his hands around his neck, his claws digging in his skin.

"I know you," Kincaid breathed out, not bothering to try and get out of his hold. Reid tilted his head to the side, his eyes raking over his features, "great, am I supposed to know you?"

"No," Kincaid muttered, breathing heavily, "I didn't know you were with them. I would've— I would've given them what they wanted if I did. Don't kill me—"

"No, kill him. He'll come after us!" Aiden was quick to cut in as Ethan hummed, "we've seen guys like this. They're dangerous."

"And so are we. Reid," Scott looked at his friend, "we don't have to kill anyone."

"He looked like he would've killed them though," Reid spoke, "so why should we let him live when he..." he dug his claws deeper in his skin making him growl, "wouldn't have done the same, hmm? That doesn't seem fair to me, does it?"

"No," Aiden replied at the same time as Ethan did, "nope." Reid's lips twitched up at the twins who seemed to be supporting his decision of killing the werewolf but of course, Scott had to speak. "Guys, please. We're here to save a life, not end one."

Reid's eyes flickered to Lydia who had an arm around Allison as she stared at him. He bit his lower lip and looked down at Kincaid again. With a loud sigh, his hand went to the breast pocket of his jacket and he took out the finger, tossing it at Scott who caught it.

"Whatever," Reid muttered, getting off Kincaid who shot him a thankful look. "I won't come after you guys, I promise. Just please—" he was cut off by the hybrid who groaned, "— please just shut up." The older werewolf zipped his mouth shut.

Reid glanced at Scott then at Lydia who was already staring at him with a look that he couldn't make out in her eyes. He didn't bother looking at her longer before he turned and walked away in another direction, not wanting to face her anytime soon.

༺═──────────────═༻
Sorry, I happen to love drama.