61

DURING THE ENTIRE ride to his house, Reid hasn't spoken a word and it was troubling Lydia but she decided against saying anything about it. She only told him to drop her to her house and only got a low hum in response.

Reid's head was filled with thoughts regarding his mom, he wasn't sure about what to do with her considering he could barely look at her. However, he was not going to go through his plan of killing her anytime soon for he was conflicted.

After a few more minutes, they finally reached her house. He stayed in the car while she opened the door and was about to step out when she stopped and turned her head towards him, "aren't you going to come?"

"You want me to?" He finally spoke, sparing her a glance.

The strawberry blonde tilted her head to the side and pursed her lips with a nod, "of course. Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know—" he sighed, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel, "I thought you'd want to be alone or something."

"Why..." She trailed off allowing confusion to take over her features, "no, come on. You can shower here and I want to spend the night with you. I just... I don't want to be alone tonight."

He glanced down at his ripped shirt which was filled with blood, "are you sure? I mean, is your mom home?"

"She probably is," Lydia shrugged, "but that's fine. You'll have to sneak in, don't let her see. Unless you don't want to come?"

"No, I want to—" he sighed, turning off the car before getting out. He walked over to the passenger door and opened it, grabbing the clothes he had placed there for just in case situations before closing it again.

The two then entered her house, Lydia going in first to see whether the path was clear of her mom. Once she saw that it was, they were quick to rush upstairs to go to her room and she instantly closed the door behind her.

Reid bit his lip, the smell of the blood on him filling his nostrils making him scrunch his nose in disgust, "I'm gonna go take that shower."

With a nod from her, he tossed the clothes on her bed and entered the bathroom while she sat on the bed beside his clothes, brows furrowing in thoughts.

The strawberry blonde gathered that the hybrid was acting weird. She didn't like how he was barely looking at her. She heard the shower turn off and a few seconds later, he stepped out with a towel wrapped around his waist, his upper body exposed again to her.

She had taken notice of all the scars but never questioned it since he asked her not to. But she couldn't just pretend they weren't there. It pained her to see those marks on him and she could only imagine how he got them— whether someone did that to him or it was self-inflicted.

‘Or maybe his father did that to him. Is that why he killed him?’ She wondered.

She did not know his past completely, all she knew were bits and pieces. She wasn't sure whether she wanted to know it completely considering the parts she knew were already heartbreaking enough.

Her thoughts were interrupted when he cleared his throat. Lydia quickly snapped her eyes to meet his, seeing them staring at her with a questioning look in them.

He had already gotten dressed with the black shirt and a deep grey sweatpants. She quickly stood up from the bed, "make yourself at home... I'm going to shower as well."

He said nothing to her in response. With an internal sigh, Lydia walked past him to the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

While she was showering, Reid ran a hand through his wet hair, letting out a sigh of his own. He shouldn't have agreed to come with her inside, he needed to be alone but for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to say no to her.He couldn't be selfish, not when she had also gone through some pretty bad stuff that night. He needed to be there for her despite what he wanted.

He sat on the edge of her bed, his fingers mindlessly toying with the pendant around his neck. His hands were itching to grab a cigarette and seek comfort in it but then he remembered that he was on Lydia's room and he internally groaned.

"Fuck's sake," he muttered, allowing his body to fall back on the bed just as Lydia walked out of the shower, having changed into her sleep clothes. He didn't pay much attention to her and kept his eyes on the ceiling.

"Reid," she spoke softly as she approached the bed and sat next to him, looking down at his face, "are you alright?"

"Why won't I be?"

"I mean," she took a deep breath, deciding to test the waters, "with your mom and everything..."

"I'm fine," he lied, "never been better."

"I can tell when you're lying, you know?" She lied down next to him, interlocking her fingers on her stomach, "you've been a bit off ever since you returned. What happened?"

Her question was met with silence. She waited for him to reply, tell her anything but he didn't. Finally, she sighed, figuring that he didn't want to talk about it.  She turned to turn off the lights, "never mind. I'm just glad you're not dead."

"I should've killed her."