71

"YOU KNOW, IF my dad's right, that means there's another Werewolf in town that we haven't met yet..." Stiles spoke up, breaking the silence that has settled between the three the moment they had entered the preserve.

Scott sighed, "I know.""If it turns out to be something, like, triplets that form into, like..." Stiles paused, "a three-headed hound of hell, I'm seriously not up for that."

"Yeah, me, either." Scott gave a hum of agreement, Especially if I can't even control my own transformation anymore."

"Well, I'm totally up for it." Reid said, stopping as they reached the end of the short cliff, "I mean, it could be fun."

"Only you would say some shit like that-" Stiles cut himself off upon hearing the sound of a coyote howling. He was quick to hide behind Scott thus accidentally knocking his phone out of his hand making it fall in the puddle of water under them. "Sorry, buddy. I hate coyotes so much— they always sound like they're mauling some tiny, helpless little animal."

Reid jumped down to go grab it and the two followed in his actions, going down as well. He handed the phone to Scott, "still works."

"Let me see the flashlight," Stiles snatched the phone from Reid before Scott could take it and directed the light towards a wrecked car, "I think we found it."

"Uh, why wouldn't they move it? Isn't it evidence?' Scott questioned, confused as they approached the car. Stiles shrugged in response, "probably too much of a pain in the ass to tow out. Look at this—" he pointed the light towards some claw marks on the car, "see those? Animal claws would be closer together, right? A lot closer."

"Right," Reid ran his fingers over the scratches, tracing it, "it was a Werewolf."

"So, my dad was right..." Stiles mumbled, getting closer to the car. He managed to get his head inside to look for any further evidence and finally saw a doll. He took it out to show the others. 

"What is that?" Scott asked as the three boys stared at the creepy looking doll. Reid bit his lip, "a doll. The same doll on the picture. Great, I've always hated those."

"Same," Scott and Stiles said at the same time as they kept staring at the doll in Stiles's hand.

"I'm hungry," the doll sudden spoke only for the three to yelp, the doll falling on the ground.

"Holy fuck!" Reid exclaimed, running a hand through his hair in frustration as he tried to calm his racing heart much like the other two, "I hate this so much."

"I think I just had a minor heart attack," Stiles muttered with his hand over his heart as he stood up from the ground.

"Hey, guys...?" Scott's voice made Reid and Stiles look at him as he continued, "please tell me you see that."

The two followed his line of sight to see a pair of glowing blue eyes staring right at them.

"I see it," Stiles confirmed, his eyes widening when Scott began to run after the coyote, "wait, hey, Scott! Scott, wait!" But it was useless, Scott had already began to pursue the coyote.

Stiles turned to Reid, "you should probably go after him."

"Right," Reid tossed him the doll that he picked up only for Stiles to scream and glare at him, being creeped out by the thing. He chuckled in response before taking off after Scott.

It wasn't hard to catch up. Soon enough, Reid was running right beside Scott, after the coyote for reasons he didn't know.

The coyote then stopped and turned to face them as their steps halted to look at it. She snarled at them but instantly backed down when Reid's eyes glowed red.

Recognition flew through his entire head as he muttered, "Malia?" The coyote's eyes then glowed blue before she took off again. Just as Scott was about to run after her once more, Reid's hand shot up to wrap itself around his wrist, pulling him back, "no, wait."

"Is that..." Scott turned to Reid, panting heavily, "is that her? Malia? The girl from the accident?"

Reid nodded in response, "yeah, it's definitely her."

"Guys!" Stiles ran towards them with his torch in his hand, "I think I found something."

"So did we," Scott responded just as Reid asked, "so what'd you find?"

"A coyote's den," Stiles replied, motioning for them to follow him which they did. Soon enough, they were standing in front of what seemed like a small cave.

"Werecoyote," Scott corrected as Stiles grabbed a blue jacket, "you guys see this? This is Malia's. Remember? It's the same one she was wearing in the photo."

"We shouldn't be in here," Scott muttered with unease. Stiles raised his brows at him, "what do you mean?"

"She's not going to come back now," Scott sighed earning a confused look from him, "what are you on about?"

"No, he's right," Reid cut in, "we just invaded her home— our scent's going to be everywhere."

"If she's not going to come back here, where's she going to go?"

"I don't know."

"Can you two track her now?" Stiles question, "think you got her scent?"

"Maybe..." Scott trailed off, "but I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf... And I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back."

"The door's still open," Stiles said with a sigh as Scott nodded, "If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help."

"Okay you guys seem to forget that I'm literally a werewolf too," Reid muttered with annoyance. The two snapped their heads in his direction as Stiles nodded, "right! Right, you can help!"

"I can," Reid rolled his eyes, "but coyotes don't like wolves. They're actually really smart. It's going to be hard and we've got school tomorrow. Wait, this is basically a crime scene, right?"

"Right," Stiles muttered with a nod, "we should involve my dad. I mean, after all, it's his case."