40

LATER THAT DAY, Reid was sitting in his car, a cigarette in between his fingers as he smoked. The others were at the recital for reasons he didn't care enough to be there. He needed to smoke, it had been a while since he's done it.

He closed his eyes and tilted his head back as he inhaled the substance, enjoying the rush he felt once he did so. He then slowly exhaled, watching the smoke going out and disappearing into thin air.

He was about to take another drag when he heard it— a loud scream. He immediately knew who it was.

Reid didn't waste a second as he roughly open his car door and stepped out, tossing the cigarette aside before he found himself walking inside the school where the scream most probably came from.

The thought of anything happening to Lydia set him on edge. His steps halted when he heard someone gasping then a very familiar voice shout, "drop it!"

Reid rushed inside the classroom, his eyes instantly falling on Lydia who was strapped to a chair, tapes around her wrists to hold her in place and a wire around her neck, leaving red marks. He clenched his jaw at the sight and heard the loud growl that Scott let out.

He turned his head towards him and found Scott rushing towards Jennifer. Scott tried to fight her but she dodged all of his hits and then sent him flying backwards, crashing into the chairs aligned in the back. He lied on the ground a few feet away from Sheriff Stilinski who looked quite shock at the whole situation.

Jennifer then shifted her eyes towards Reid and a smirk found its way onto her face. "Would you look at that?"

Reid glanced at Lydia, every bone in his body was telling him to run to her and get her out of there but he couldn't. Jennifer was being an obstacle and he needed to get rid of her although he had a feeling that it wouldn't be easy to so so. "Fuck do you want with her?"

"Who, Lydia?" She asked, tilting her head to the side, looking rather amused, "she knows too much. She's a banshee— and—"  a grin made it's way onto her face, her eyes going to Lydia then flickered at Reid, "— she's got your scent. The myth isn't really a myth after all, is it?"

Reid clenched his jaw and without thinking, he charged at her, his claws coming out as he clawed at the woman but she was quick to grab his wrist and twist it behind his back.

Reid turned back around and twist her arm instead then he grabbed her by the back of her neck and slammed her head against one of the tables. Jennifer hissed in pain but she quickly healed and kicked him in the stomach. Reid grabbed her leg and flipped her so she lost her footing and fell on the ground, on her back.

He then grabbed a chair and broke it's leg before he clenched his jaw, remembering that she was about to kill Lydia. Clouded by rage, he was about to dig the metal leg of the chair in her stomach but before he could, Jennifer used her powers to send him crashing into the wall behind.

He didn't see that coming.

Reid grunted as he tried to free himself but he couldn't. Her powers kept him against the wall as she stood up, looking at him with blood all over her face. "Deucalion took everything from me!" She snarled, making her way towards him, having picked up the metal leg, "I'm not about to let another one of his family ruin me."

"You're pathetic," Reid muttered as she rushed towards him and landed a punch in his face. He couldn't move.

Reid s lips twitched up as he tasted blood on his tongue. "But then again, you've always been, haven't you?"

"Shut up," in one swift movement, she stabbed him in the stomach with the metal leg. Reid closed his eyes, blood leaving his mouth when she did that. She kept him against the wall using her powers, his hands beside his head.