12

ONCE OUTSIDE, REID directed Lydia to where his car was parked. It was a black mercedes. The two got inside and Reid placed his hands on the steering wheel before turning to Lydia, "so where do you wanna go?"

"I have absolutely no idea," she shrugged, making herself comfortable in the car. "Honestly, I don't really wanna go anywhere."

"Should I drop you home then?"

"No, I want to spend time with you," the girl was quick to say, not caring what was coming out of her mouth, "let's go to your place, we can watch a movie or something. I'd offer mine but my mom's probably already home by now."

"Sure, why not." He muttered before starting the car and drove in the direction of his house.

**

Reid's house was nothing like Lydia expected it would be. In all honesty, she was sure she would see a simple small house but she was proven wrong when he had to type the code into the front gate for it to open.

"Wow so you're rich rich," Lydia commented, staring at the large house in front of her in amazement. They both got out of the car and walked towards the door. Reid typed in another code making the door open, revealing the luxurious exterior.

"What's your job?" She questioned, taking a step inside, taking in her surroundings.

"I don't work," he tossed his jacket on the nearest couch since the living room was a few steps away from the door, on it's left. There was a stair in the middle, leading upstairs where the rooms were.

"Then all this?" She gestured around her earning a smug smile from the hybrid but he decided to stay silent. He wasn't sure whether telling her that he had illegal ways of making money was a good idea yet.

"Make yourself comfortable," he nodded towards the living room, "I'll be right back."

"Okay," she muttered and made her way towards the living room where she sat down and placed her school bag beside her.

What Lydia had in mind was to get the guy in bed. She wasn't planning in getting attached, she couldn't afford to in fear of getting hurt. Like she said— Reid, for her, was just a distraction. But things changed when she found out that he was a werewolf, an alpha, no less. Getting him would be harder than she initially thought. What she didn't know was that he was a whole level of crazy. She had absolutely no idea what she was getting herself into.

Lydia sat on the couch in front of the huge TV fixed on the wall with an artificial fire place in the wall underneath it as she waited for him to  finish doing whatever he went to do.

Roughly five minutes later, he came back downstairs, a dog following behind him as he descended. Lydia's eyes narrowed on the dog, "that yours?"

"No I stole him from my neighbour’s," his voice was filled with sarcasm as he walked towards where she was sitting and sat down, letting out a sigh. The dog settled himself on his lap and he ran his fingers through the black bernese mountain dog’s hairs, smiling.

"Can I?" She gestured towards the dog earning a nod from him. Then she placed her hand on it's soft hairs and began petting him as well. The dog looked up and ran it's tongue on her hand making her laugh at how friendly he was. Getting licked by dog wasn't a new feeling to her, she was used to it since she also had a dog.

"What's his name?"

"Max."

"Is there any reason behind that name or is it just random one?"

"Random," he chuckled, "I didn't know what else to name him."

"How old is he?"

"Four," Reid began scratching his stomach earning a whimper of content from Max, "I got him as a birthday gift from Deaton when I was thirteen."