45

AFTER THE TWO teenagers found out that the name Argent was written, they were quick to make their way to the Argents and telling them about it, knowing it was not a coincidence.

"The word is "guardian," Allison—" Chris began after having heard what Reid and Stiles told him, "— more than anyone, you know that's a role I haven't exactly lived up to lately."

They walked into his office as Allison sighed, "but she took Scott's mother and Stiles' father. That's not a coincidence."

"Yeah," Stiles shot him a grim look, "I'd also consider the fact that someone put your name up in large block letters on the elevator door. That kind of felt like a warning to me..."

Reid allowed himself to sit on the office table, flashing a small grin at Chris who rolled his eyes at the seventeen year old.

"I think it might be Morrell," Allison spoke, "she knows a lot more than she lets on, and she might even be trying to help us."

"I don't like that woman," Reid muttered earning a hum of agreement from Stiles, "and, if she's trying to help, she needs to get on that a lot faster, okay? Seeing as how the lunar eclipse is less than two freaking nights away—" Stiles was interrupted by Chris, "— Stiles, don't give up hope."

"They could already be dead," Stiles mumbled grumly making Reid shake his head, "I don't think they are."

"Me neither," Chris said, "there's something about Jennifer's tactics... It's like she's still positioning. Still moving pieces into place."

"Yeah and you're one of them," Reid added, looking at Chris, "she still needs you. If she gets her... claws on you, they're all dead."

"Then, let's not wait around to see the next move." Chris took out a map and unfolded it before placing it on the table so the others could see, "everything she's done has been on a telluric current, so Melissa and the Sheriff have to be somewhere on one of those currents, right?"

Chris glanced at Stiles who had a dejected look on his face. He sighed, "Stiles, if we're gonna find them, we need your help."

"You seriously want to go after her?" Stiles asked, exasperated, "I mean, what if she just takes you like the others, huh? No offense, but what's the difference between you and them?"

"I'm carrying a forty-five," Chris showed them his gun, "maybe she can heal from a shot to the leg and a few slashes to the face, but personally, I'd like to see how she holds up with half her skull blown off."

"Same," Reid mumbled, liking the idea that was just suggested, "let's do it."

"Psychotic, are we?" Chris asked the hybrid who shrugged in response, "hey, it was your idea. I merely agreed."

"We've got one priority right now," Chris spoke, returning to serious matters as he looked at Stiles again, "and that is to find Melissa and your dad. We've got a map and every clue we need to figure this out— the only thing we don't have is time, which is why I need all the three of you."

Stiles sighed, "where do we start?"

"The places where the sacrifices have been committed have usually been different from where the bodies have been found," Chris replied as he placed a blue light on the places on the map, "I think the placement has to do with the strength of the current, so there's the school, the animal clinic, the bank—"

"— Wait a sec," Stiles cut in, "she wouldn't use the same place twice, would she?"

"Only if she didn't succeed the first time."

"Deaton," the name left Reid's mouth on it's own making Chris look at him, "it was her only failure. That could mean something."

"That's just one place so far," Stiles spoke, "we're gonna need a lot more help."

"What about Lydia?" Allison's question made Reid bit his bottom lip while Chris frown, the idea seeming absurd to him, "Lydia? What can she do?"

"Uh, Lydia's got sort of a talent—" Stiles began explaining, "she somehow ended up finding a couple of the bodies, um— without actually looking for them."

"What is she?" Chris questioned, "psychic?"

"She's something," Stiles muttered, nodding to himself while Reid let out a sigh loud enough to grab the attention of the three.

"She's a banshee," he told them, not exactly liking the idea of involving her in this after what she has just gone through, "and she's recently been hurt."

They all shot him a look. He raised his brows at them, "what?"

"Nothing at all," Allison shook her head, unable to stop the look of amusement that found it's place on her face. Even Chris and Argent were amused despite the situation. "So.. I was right then." Stiles broke the silence, "you and Lydia are together."

"Your dad's still missing," Reid reminded, "we can talk about this later."

"What's a Bansee?" Allison asked, getting to the more important question.

"It's a supernatural being who can sense and predict when someone's about to die— or already died." Reid explained, based on what he knew.

"She can help us," Allison shot Reid a look, "I'm sure she'll want to. And besides, she's healed right? She's okay?"

"I don't know, Allison—" Reid's tone was filled with sarcasm as he continued, "if I strangle you right now and attempt to kill you, will you be okay?" Allison went quiet at that.

Chris rolled his eyes at Reid's words before sighing, "just... we need all the help we can get."

"Lydia's worth a shot." Stiles spoke directly to Reid who sighed, "fine, but I'll talk to her myself."