25

"I KNOW WHERE THEY are," were the first words that left Scott's mouth as he entered Derek's loft where Reid, Boyd, Peter, Cora and Derek himself already were.

"Same building as the Argents," Derek spoke, looking up, "we know."

"Cora and I followed the twins," Boyd informed earning a look from Scott, "then they want you to know."

"Or," Peter cut in, "more likely, they don't care."

"What is this?" Scott questioned, approaching the table as he looked down at the plan.

"A suicide plan—" Reid was cut off by Peter, "— we don't need your negativity right now. Isn't it obvious? The schemers are scheming coming up with a coup de main, better known as a pre-emptive strike."

"You're going after them?" Scott's question made Reid sigh, "unfortunately."

"Tomorrow," Derek spoke, "and you're gonna help us."

"Guys," Reid cleared his throat making the other werewolves look at him, holding questioning looks on their faces as he voiced out his concerning thoughts, "I'm not so sure about this idea."

"You know..." Peter began, "for someone who I have heard so much about, you're certainly a bitch when it comes to stuff like these."

Reid raised his brows, letting out a scoff, "oh, excuse me if I don't wanna run straight into my death—"

"— No one's gonna die, Reid." Derek reassured, however, even his words held uncertainty. Reid shot him a fake smile, "yeah? Even you don't believe that."

"Tomorrow," Derek repeated his word from earlier, dismissing what Reid just said, "after school, you guys come here and then we'll leave."

"Whatever," Reid muttered before turning around and walked out of the place, going to his car before driving back to his house.

Once he reached, he opened the door and found all the lights off. The air held a very familiar scent which made him sigh as he turned the lights back on, revealing the Alpha of Alphas himself sitting on his couch, looking rather relaxed. "What are you doing here?"

"You know what I'm doing here," Deucalion replied, "I know what your friends are planning. You know how it's going to end. I don't want to hurt you, Reid. We're family."

"Don't," Reid muttered, taking off his jacket as he placed it on the rack beside the door, "the last thing I want is for you to remind me that we're related."

"Come on, Reid," Deucalion stood up, "I trained you as well, I taught you most of the things you know. You really think you can overpower me? Really?"

"Yeah, I can." Reid walked towards him, "you're forgetting that I'm more powerful than you."

"Maybe," Deucalion muttered, "but you're not full hybrid yet. You still have to die. I still have a rather large chance at beating you." He began circling the seventeen year old, "but will you? Beat me? Hurt me?" He was behind him when he continued, "kill me?"

Deucalion made a mental note to tell his pack to make sure not to kill Reid at any costs. He couldn't afford dealing with a complete hybrid. He knew they would have questions but he didn't need to answer them for he was their alpha.

Reid stayed silent. He clenched his jaw at his words, knowing that he was right. Deucalion chuckled, "I knew it. I would never do those to you either, Reid, you know that. You're my only family. Let's forget your mother, we both hate that pathetic little bitch, don't we?"

"Calling your own sister a bitch now, are we?" Reid couldn't help but scoff, "even so when you're one yourself."

"Don't forget who you ran to when your excuse of a father would treat you like his punching bag," Deucalion reminded, placing a hand on his shoulder, "don't forget who was there for you when no one was. Join my pack, convince Derek to do the same and this fight doesn't even have to hap—"

"— I'm never joining your pack," Reid interrupted, "I refuse to be lead by you. I don't want you to go around ordering me like I'm your little bitch."

"You know I wouldn't do that to you," Deucalion sighed, "you're my nephew. I just don't want you to be alone."

"Bullshit," Reid spat out, "you just want me in your pack because I have quite the reputation."

"Fine," Deucalion clenched his jaw, "what do you think Derek is going to do when he finds out that you're my nephew, hmm? Do you think he's going to trust you? Do you think he's going to keep you around? The answer is no, he's not."

"I don't need Derek, I'm fine on my own."

"Then why are you helping them?" Deucalion asked, genuinely curious.

"Because I want to," He replied, "I want to hurt you by killing your pack and leave you alone."

"Because I left you?" Deucalion asked, "is that what this is about? You're angry because I left you? I needed to build a pack, Reid. I came back for you tho—"

"— Yeah, when you found out that my dad's dead." He cut him off, "you knew it was me that did it. You knew I gained his power and that I was more powerful than before. This is what it's always been about," he pushed the man back, "you and your hunger for power."

"No, I genuinely care about you—" Deucalion regained his footsteps, "— please, don't assume otherwise."

"Get out of my house."

"Don't be like this," the older Alpha sighed, "your friends will die if this fight goes on." In all truth, Deucalion wanted Reid to back off this fight not because he'd get hurt but rather, he was scared he would hurt his pack members. He knew of his strength.

"There are things much more important than your silly fight for power in this town," Reid informed, grabbing the man's hand as he led him towards the door, "and don't worry about my friends, worry about yours."

༺═───────────═༻
Plot twist. Also, does anyone know Deucalion's full name? Cause I can't find it anywhere.