38

REID AND THE OTHERS entered the restroom just in time to find Aiden smashing Cora's head against the tiles while Lydia was screaming at him to stop but he was paying no heed.

The hybrid was quick to intervene, pushing Aiden off the female werewolf who looked almost unconscious. "Dude, what the hell?"

"She came at me!" Aiden jumped to an explanation, taking deep breaths to calm himself down.

"It doesn't fuckin’ matter." Reid pushed him away, sending him crashing towards the sink before he walked over to where Lydia was kneeling by a very unconscious Cora.

"Kali gave Derek till the next full moon!" Ethan exclaimed at his twin brother, "you can't touch him or her. Reid is out of question."

Reid glanced down at the injured werewolf then at the strawberry blonde while the others were dealing with Aiden, not paying attention to what Reid was doing.

He bent down to their level, placed a hand on Cora's pulse just in case. He looked up at Lydia, "are you okay? Did he hurt you as well?"

"No, no—" she was quick to shake her head, "— just her. I'm okay."

Stiles joined Reid to take a look at Cora, "hey guys, I think she's pretty hurt."

Once Aiden and Ethan walked out of the place, Reid helped Cora up and she walked towards one of the sinks before getting rid of the blood on her face and hands. Stiles handed her a towel which she took and began placing it softly on the large gash on her forehead.

"You okay?" Stiles asked Cora as Lydia replied, staring at the werewolf, "she doesn't look okay."

"I'll heal," Cora muttered, tossing the towel aside as she faced the group only to lose her balance making Scott rush forward to help her but she brushed him off, "I said I'm fine."

"Do you realise how suicidally crazy that was?" Stiles questioned, "what were you thinking going after them?"

"I did it for Boyd," Cora seethed, gritting her teeth, "none of you were doing anything."

"We're trying," Scott mumured earning a scoff from Cora, "you're failing. You're just a bunch of stupid teenagers running around, thinking that you can stop people from getting killed. But all you do is show up late. All you really do is find the bodies." Her eyes drifted to Reid, "and you."

"What about me?"

"I heard them talk about you—" Cora began, "— the alphas. Deucalion, precisely... Back in the vault. He said that you're important to him."

"And?"

"Maybe we should just use you as leverage." Cora suggested, "I mean, he's told the alphas not to kill you back in that fight where Derek died. Obviously, for some reason, he cares about you. And from what I can tell, you care about him too. Why?"

"None of your business."

"Maybe we should just use you as leverage—" Cora was instantly cut off by Reid who let out a humourless chuckle, "— you might wanna go fight Deucalion himself before you decide to get on my bad side, sweetheart."

"I don't trust you," Cora muttered before walking out of the place. Reid turned to the others who were all staring at him. He arched his brows at them, "what?"

"What's up with you and Deucalion?" Scott asked, the question having been on his mind for a while now but he never really had the opportunity to ask. Now that it has been brought up again, he decided to grasp the opportunity, find out more.

"You don't have to say anything you don't want to—" Lydia quickly added, ignoring the ‘are you serious’ looks Scott and Stiles were sending her.

"Look, Reid, we trust you." Scott began, "but don't hide things from us. I mean, don't get me wrong— but we know nothing about you except the fact that you're a powerful alpha and you're under Deaton's care which, by the way, makes me trust you because he obviously does. And— and you've done nothing but help us this whole time but we need to know why you aren't willing to kill Deucalion."

"You mean—" Reid began, giving Scott a look, "you want to know."

"We're curious," Stiles added, "tell us? Or don't— no pressure, at all."

"I mean, he obviously have some soft spot for you." Scott muttered, "are you... Are you his son?"

"What? No," Reid quickly denied, shaking his head at Scott's question, "no, I'm not his son. He doesn't— he doesn't have any child."

"Then what?"

"I'm—" Reid sighed, his hand going to his hair as he roughly ran his fingers through them. He turned his back to the group, his eyes going to stare in the sink for some reason as he replied, "— He's my uncle, my mom's brother."

"Wait," Stiles broke the silence that was lingering in between them, "who else knows about this?"

"Me, Deaton, him and now you three."

"The Alphas," Scott spoke, sending him a questioning look, "they don't..."

Reid shook his head, "nope."

"Why?"

"I don't know," Reid muttered, "I don't like him but he's my only family left. He took care of me for a while so I can't bring myself to kill him or hurt him for that matter. You guys—" he turned to them, "— you guys understand that, right?"

"Of course," Stiles nodded quickly, "we get it."

"You don't have to deal with Deucalion," Scott assured, "it's okay. But you have no problems in dealing with the other alphas, right? Please tell me you don't."

"I don't," his lips twitched up, "them, I can kill."

"Good," Stiles grinned, "now that's settled, how about we talk about what's going on between you two, hmm? I mean, come on. It's so obvious—" without giving Stiles the time to finish, Reid was already on his way out of the place. He groaned and turned to Lydia who was half–way to the door. "I'm taking this as a yes, there's definitely something going on."