64

REID WAS STANDING beside Lydia and Allison outside in the preserve. The strawberry blonde had this great idea to help Allison and she decided to call Reid to join them.

Allison placed an arrow in place before directing it towards the target on the tree. "Do you really think this is going to help?" She questioned, a bit skeptical about the whole thing.

"I know that if you think it's not going to help, it definitely won't!" Lydia responded, placing her hands on her hips as she tried to ignore Reid who went to stand right behind her. "S-So, get your head into it, shoot a few-" she paused when she felt his hands crept onto her waist to rest there while he pulled her backwards so her back was against his chest and his chin was on top of her head. Clearing her throat, she resumed, "- and see what happens."

Allison then let go of the arrow, they all watched as it fell right on the ground, away from the target.

"Oh," Lydia mumbled, "maybe hold the string differently?" Allison bent down to pick another arrow as Lydia suggested, "try the Mongolian draw."

Allison turned to look at her best friend with surprise on her face making her raise her brows in response, "what? I read. Try it."

"What else do you read?" The hybrid asked, his voice low as he spoke directly into her ears, having lowered his head a little.

Lydia straightened herself, "I called you here to help, not distract me."

"I'm not distracting you," Reid muttered innocently, his fingers brushing against her sides. Lydia rolled her eyes, deciding to watch Allison try only to fail again.

The black haired girl let out a sigh, a frown occupying her face. "I can't do it."

"We can see that," Reid spoke making Allison look at him as he added, "your hands are shaking too much. You should just relax."

"Relax," Allison breathed out with a nod, "I am relaxed."

"No, you're not." Reid rolled his eyes, his fingers now drawing circles on Lydia's waist, "your entire fuckin' posture is rigid."

"Okay, um..." Lydia decided to speak up to help her friene, "take a second to close your eyes and imagine the arrow going into the target." Allison did as she was told and closed her eyes, relaxing her shoulders. However, a second later, she opened her eyes with a gasp.

"Did you see that?" Allison turned to Reid and Lydia who both shot her confused looks, "see what?"

"I-" Allison cut herself off, her eyes glancing all around the place, "- wait here." She bent down to pick up her arrows. "I'll be right back."

"You did not just say that!" Lydia exclaimed, huffing once Allison walked away. She tried to go after her but Reid tightened his grip around her, "no, stay here. She said she'll be right back."

"Okay," Lydia muttered, relaxing in his hold. Her breath hitched when she felt his lips on her neck from behind, "what do you think you're doing?"

"Nothing," he placed a kiss on her skin, her eyes fluttering shut at the contact. She tilted her head to the side, letting it rest against his shoulders as he began to kiss, bite and suck on her skin while his fingers dug in the sides of her waist.

"Did you speak to your mom?" Her question made him stop his action almost instantly. She turned to look at him as he dropped his hands from her waist to his sides and ran a hand through his hair, letting out a loud sigh. "Way to kill the mood."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" she was cut off when he caught sight of an arrow making it's way towards the side of Lydia's head. His hand reached out to catch it just as it was inches away from her.

Lydia's eyes widened as she turned to look at the pointed end of the arrow, a shaky breath leaving her lips. Allison was standing there, looking as equally shocked as the strawberry blonde.

Reid tossed the arrow to the side and raised a brow at Allison, "fuck is your problem?"

"oh my god, oh my god Lydia-" Allison cut herself off, "- I didn't mean to!"

Reid ran his tongue along his bottom lip before sucking his teeth, staring at Allison just as Isaac made his way towards them, having seen the whole thing. "Is everything okay here?"

"Everything's fine," Reid brushed him off, his eyes staying fixed on Allison as he narrowed them, "who did you see?"

"My..." She took a deep breath, "my aunt. Kate- she was here. I swear, I wasn't seeing Lydia."

"I know," Reid sighed, "it's this whole being dead and coming back to life shit."

"But I'll be okay, right?" Allison asked even though she knew Reid wouldn't know. She just needed some sort of assurance and he made the fact that he wasn't gonna be that person when he replied with, "I don't know."

Just then, his phone vibrated in his pocket. He took it out and read the message from Deaton who asked him to meet him at the clinic. With a loud sigh, he slid his phone back in his pocket and lifted his head to look at the others, "I gotta go. I'll see you guys tomorrow." With that, he walked away, knowing damn well why Deaton wanted him to meet up.