Chapter 2: Sapphire Star of Beacon pt. 1

The morning after the small meeting with the ginger Phoenix learned is named Roman Torchwick. Phoenix woke with a start since today was the day to go back to Beacon after rushing through his morning routine and putting on his hunting outfit with a slight difference on his left hand was now a mechanical-looking full leather glove.

Phoenix: "That should keep that a secret for now...Now, what time is it?"

Phoenix looked at the time and rushed out of his apartment, grabbing his greatsword and putting it on his back as he ran out. He decided using the sidewalk like a normal person wasn't good enough, so using the actual grappling hook function of the slinger he climbed to the rooftops and began running.

Phoenix thought back to the meeting with Ozpin on his first day back in Vale.

(Flashback)

Ozpin sat behind his desk with Glynda and General Ironwood standing off to the side.

Ozpin: "As I said, there's much to discuss, but we should address the fact that all four of you won't be staying in Vale."

Conrad: "What? Why?"

Ozpin: "Due to the four of you being known as the Sapphire Star within the New World, it came to a vote between the four councils each would get one member from your team."

Nic: "And we get no say in this decision as it has already happened, huh?"

Ozpin: "Unfortunately, there was little I could do to sway the councils to postpone until the four of you got here, but what's done is done."

Conrad: "It won't be each of our first times being without our team. We can each go solo for a while."

Ozpin: "There lies the issue it was agreed upon that each of you would be the fifth member of a team, which team gets you is purely up to chance."

Phoenix: "Really being strung along by politicians, huh?"

Braydon: "I'll bite, but which kingdoms are we each going to since we're not all staying in Vale?"

Ozpin: "I was about to get to that for Vale, Phoenix shall be staying."

Braydon: (quietly) "Damn."

Ironwood: "Atlas has heard of your excellent tactical mind, Conrad, and has thusly chosen you."

Ozpin: "Vacuo chose Nicholas, and Mistral took Braydon. Transports to each kingdom will be here tomorrow to allow each of you to say temporary farewells."

(Flashback end)

Phoenix lept from the last roof, dropping with a roll in front of the entrance to the bullhead docks.

Phoenix heads in and sees the bullhead meant to take students entering this year to Beacon. He spots a familiar head of black hair with red tips being crushed in a hug by a blondie. He decides to head up to them, and he overhears their conversation as he walks over.

Blondie: "Oh, I can't believe my baby sister is getting into beacon with me! This is the best day ever!"

Ruby: (stuggling) "Please stop."

Blondie: "But I'm so proud of you!"

Ruby: "Really, sis, it was nothing."

Phoenix approaches closer and interrupts them.

Phoenix: "Like hell, it was nothing. You're damn good with that scythe of yours."

Ruby: "Oh, Phoenix! I didn't know you were going to Beacon."