Special Chapter 4: Leaves Shall Fall

Alright you probably know the deal with these, here we go.

The sound of water splashing with each movement, the Elden Beast, a monstrous incarnation of the Erdtree, a single warrior. A Tarnished rushes forward wielding what can only be called two slabs of metal all while looking like a hooded religious nutjob. (Not that kind) A jump and swing from both of the mighty blades stagers the beast, as soon as he lands with a roar he lunches forwards both blades outstretched plunging into the core of the Elden Beast. The beast lurches then seems to cry out to the heavens as its form is disrupted and shattered. The rememberance of the Elden Beast merges into the hooded man, as he stands panting barely able to hold his blades. The arena fades away and he finds himself back in the area he fought Radagon, now there is only Marika with what's left of the Elden Ring like shackles binding her wrists her decaying body held together seemingly by threads, the man's strength finally gives out as he falls back, his cloak softening his landing but the stones embedded into it do not, but he couldn't care, he reaches up and pulls off the hood and mask revealing an all to familiar visage, to us at least, Phoenix. Many a version may exist but they all follow the same, a journey they must embark and this one's has been so very long. From the cursed lands of Lordran to the draconic home of Drangleic, where found rest in solice until being recalled to light the cursed flame of a dying age once more in Lordran where he had traveled through the lands once more even going so far as to go where the progenitor of the Abyss, Manus had come from The Ringed City. His journey has been long and filled with hate, desperation, hopelessness, and a general sense that he could be doing so much more. But here he finds himself once more at the end of a journey across a cursed land doomed to be in a cycle forevermore. He lays there exhaused, the scars he bears could tell a million stories as could he, the death's he's suffered etched into him forevermore. Maybe this time he'll find rest.

Phoenix: "It's finally over..."

Having regained some of his strength he stands up once more, summon signs indicating the many ways this could end, but another option seems to present itself, a golden glyph on the far end of the platform opposite to him, past the summon signs, past Marika and the Elden Ring. The mask he wore and the greatswords he wields with pride fade to dust returning to where they came, how it happens he can't be sure but it is convenient.

Phoenix: "The other's didn't say of an option like this, but it's not like I can summon the other A-Men anyways."

Phoenix strides forwards towards this mystery option, the flasks and viles he's used throughout his journey moving on his belt with his stride. He stops just before the glyph, in the center of it sits a golden interpretation of a moon with a chunk of it blasted off.

Phoenix: "Strange, Ranni would hate this glyph. Oh well, never know til I try."

He takes a few steps forwards onto the glyph and everything around him glows woth a blinding light, forcing his eyes to close from the brightness...

When he next opens his eyes, he can feel the softness of grass against his head as he's laying on the ground, the warm sunlight peaks through the canopy of the trees as he lays there feeling that warmth of sun for the first time in a long time. The sound of birds chirping, it feels...peaceful...he's able to lay there and enjoy this peace he hasn't felt since Majula and the moments with Solaire, gods Solaire what an enigma he was, such a beacon in such a dark decrepit place. But peace doesn't last forever as a growl comes from the bushes to the left of him. His eyes open and he looks to the left while beginning to get up.

Phoenix: Wolves?

A werewolf like creature jumps from the brush at Phoenix who's eyes widen in surprise and the Hunter Pistol reflexively appears in his left hand, it doesn't take but a moment for the firearm to go off, while it may not do much damage to the creature, it's not its purpose. The creature is stunned from the sudden force hitting its chest, this gives Phoenix just enough time, he flexs his fingers into a claw like shape and lodges his hand firmly into the creatures chest expecting a lot of blood. But not such thing happens, it just turns to dust leaving behind tiny bits of bone. Phoenix relaxes the firearm disappearing back to dust and looks around before picking up the bits of bone.