Chapter 23: Fated Matchup

After the explanation from Igantia and the subsequent questions asked of him, he disappeared and it took a while, so Raven and Qrow dipped for the evening, RWBY and Phoenix sit in RWBY's dorm.

Yang: "I'm a little angry that you didn't make it to my match...but you brought my mother back, so I think it evens out."

Weiss: "Yang being reasonable, who thought we would've seen the day?"

Yang: "What's that supposed to mean, Ice Queen?"

Phoenix: "You're a very punch first ask questions never type person."

Yang: "I can be a very reasonable person."

Phoenix deadpans at Yang remembering her "convincing" him to kiss her.

Phoenix: (sarcastically) "Yeah, definitely."

Blake: "I have a question for you Phoenix."

Phoenix: "What would that be?"

Blake: "It says tomorrow you've got a match against someone from Atlas, but they're not mentioned anywhere else, but this final match."

Phoenix: "Strange...how very strange."

Yang: "Better give us a show Phoenix, it is the final match of the tournament."

Phoenix: "Who won overall?"

Ruby: "Well...Penny kind of threw against Yang since she didn't want to hurt her and then Pyrrha beat Yang."

Yang: "Her semblance is still major hacks!"

Phoenix: "So Pyrrha won the tournament? Why would they have me fight some random guy from Atlas instead of the winner of the tournament?"

Weiss: "That's what we're confused about."

Phoenix: "Let's think about it in the morning. Defeating Raven earlier today took a lot out of me and if I'm gonna beat this guy, I'll need my strength."

Weiss: "At least you're somewhat logical."

Phoenix heads off to his dorm to sleep.

(Timeskip to the next day a few minutes before the match)

RWBY, JNPR, and the Hunters all saw Phoenix today, but he went back to his dorm to prepare as he said, they hadn't seen him since he left. Now it was time for the final match of the tournament.

Port: "The final match of the Vytal Festival is about to begin!"

Oobleck: "This will certainly be an interesting match."

Port: "Now then, hailing from Atlas, Soma Cruz!"

10 points to you if you understand

A man stepped out onto the stage to cheers, he has silver hair, tied back out of his face, his left eye is deep blue and right is bright orange. He wears a sky blue long coat an Atlas military patch on the chest and sleeve, black shirt underneath, black hakama pants held up by a blue belt, black leather gloves, black boots, and a pair of glasses that have yellow tinted lenses. On his left hip is a katana and on his right in a revolver. He has a confident smile on his face.

Weiss: "Is it just me or does he look like Phoenix."

Ruby: "There is sort of a resemblance. It's kind of uncanny."

Oobleck: "Ah the so called man of the blue, he only recently made himself known to the public and by Atlas council request was allowed into the tournament for this special match."