Chapter 19: Tournament Beginning

Been a few days. First half is going to be slow, but bear with me. I realized while writing this chapter I've been misspelling Pyrrha as Phyrrah, for lord knows how long.

The morning Phoenix and Ruby woke up together in team JNPR's dorm was awkward, but the two decided to get out while JNPR was still sleeping noticing the rest of RWBY was already gone.

(Small Timeskip)

Ruby and Yang are excited for something, the window is currently open in RWBY's dorm, Weiss and Blake are out doing...something.

Ruby: "We're going to Patch! And taking Zwei!"

Phoenix: "What brought this on, Rosebud?"

Yang: "Well the tournament isn't starting till tomorrow so, we decided we want to head home for a day."

Ruby: "You're coming with us, Phoenix!"

Phoenix: "When did I agree to this?"

Summer chimes in now sitting on the windowsill.

Summer: "It's only natural for them to want to see their father while they can, plus I'm going back and I want you to come too, understand young man?"

Phoenix: "Fiiiinnneee, MOM!"

Phoenix cracks up laughing soon followed by Summer laughing too.

Yang: (slides next to Ruby and whispers to her) "The relationship between those two is so questionable."

Phoenix walks off to his dorm to get wear a different outfit from his usual.

Ruby: "Well, getting him to come with us was easy enough."

Yang: "Wonder how dad will react to all of this."

Summer: (hops into the room) "Tai will be surprised for sure. Should probably make sure he doesn't make any off handed threats to Phoenix about touching you two..."

Yang: "Why?"

Summer: "Phoenix caught someone staring at me a bit too much and put him into a coma of which he still hasn't woken up from...That was nearly 4 years ago now."

Ruby/Yang: "Oh..."

Summer: "Phoenix can be ridiculously violent when he wants to be, in all honesty some of the people he's fought have gotten off easy, he could 100% kill them."

Ruby: "But he chooses not too, I think that goes to show he's a good person."

Phoenix comes back out wearing the outfit he wore on the search and destroy mission. His red cloak coving most of him.

Phoenix: "You all ready to go?"

Ruby: "Not taking your sword?"

Phoenix: "I don't see why I'd need it, besides (moves cloak showing one of his holstered pistols) I keep my guns on me and I've got the brute strength to rip apart just about any grimm we may encounter on Patch."

Phoenix lets his cloak fall back over him.

Yang: "Let's get this show on the road!"

(Timeskip)

The bullhead lands at Patch and the four get off, Phoenix and Summer have their hoods up.

Phoenix: "So this is Patch, seems like a nice little place."

Ruby: "It is, now all we gotta do is make it to the house."

Summer: "I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here for however short it may be."