Chapter 14: A Dance to Die for

Weiss dragged Phoenix to a fancy looking clothes store, Phoenix recognized the name as he thinks that Coco mentioned getting clothes from here before.

Weiss: "We shall get you fitted, and get a suit for you, your body type shouldn't be hard since it's about average."

Phoenix: (deadpan) "Kill me."

Weiss: "Later."

Weiss finally released Phoenix and the two walked into the store. Phoenix is trying on suits and find one he particularly likes, maroon unbuttoned suit jacket, black waistcoat, white button up, a maroon patterned necktie, and maroon slacks, along with black dress shoes.
Phoenix exits the changing room.

Phoenix: "How about this?"

Weiss: "You certainly do like your reds, don't you?"

Phoenix: "What can I say, it looks good on me...but I don't have enough lien for this."

Weiss: "Fear not, I brought you here, I shall pay, because you are going to the dance and putting on a show."

Phoenix: (shoulders slump) "Oum damn it..."

Phoenix went back into the changing room and changed back into his usual outfit, he brought the clothes out with them, Weiss payed for them. The cashier made a comment about Phoenix being Weiss' boyfriend or something to that effect, all Phoenix knows is that Weiss wasted no time leaving after paying and getting the suit bagged. Phoenix followed behind her back to the bullhead docks where they waited for Yang and Ruby.

Phoenix: "What did that cashier even say?"

Weiss: "Nothing all too important."

Phoenix: "Whatever it was sure made you leave in a hurry."

Weiss: "Will you just drop it, dolt."

Phoenix: (raises hands in surrender) "My bad for asking questions, Snowy."

The two waited in silence and eventually Ruby and Yang get there meaning they can head back to Beacon.

(Small timeskip)

Phoenix puts the suit in his wardrobe that consists of about 5 outfits total, his uniform, two outfits Coco got him while he was in the infirmary, his newly bought suit, and his nightwear. Phoenix sighs and closes the wardrobe. Phoenix hears a knock on his door and goes over and opens it, just enough for the person on the other side to see his bright gold eye staring at them. He sees its just Ruby, who is red in the face for whatever reason.

Phoenix: Oh, Oum damn it.

Phoenix opens the door fully and invites Ruby in.

Phoenix: "So, did Yang put you up to this?"

Ruby: "No...well, not really, I just thought you wouldn't want to go to the dance alone."

Phoenix: "Ruby, I've gotten requests to go to the dance with at least 6 other girls and I turned them all down because I had no plans on going to the dance, now my only reason to go is because Yang decided it was a good idea to promise me singing to people."

Ruby looks sad by this answer.

Phoenix: "But..."

Ruby looks up at him.

Phoenix: "If you want, I will go to the dance with you. If only to piss some people off."

Ruby: "You can be a spiteful person when you want to be."

Phoenix: "I say it's part of my charm."

Ruby walks over and hugs him, and he returns it.

Phoenix: "You're really just a mini Summer."