Chapter 37: ...To the Crow

Phoenix sits on his shins in front of the graves he made for his parents. He doesn't know how to think right now, he doesn't know the answer's.

Phoenix: "I wish you two were here right now..."

Phoenix looks down at the ground, he then hears a twig snap behind him. Phoenix immediately turns around drawing one of the Pawns from his coat. Phoenix levels the pistol at a Beowolf that he blows the head off of.

Phoenix: "Trespassing on this land...what a fool."

Phoenix stands up as more Beowolves come from the treeline all growling and snarling at him making him get angry.

Phoenix: "Just don't know how to stay the fuck away, I guess I'll just have to teach you all a very painful lesson."

Phoenix summons up the White Fatalis armor and Ruinous Atrocity.

I couldn't take it, couldn't stand another minute
Couldn't bear another day without you in it
All of the joy that I had known for all my life
Was stripped away from me the minute that you died

Phoenix runs at the Beowolves, he jumps and drives the blades of Ruinous Atrocity through one, he tears the blade out cutting the Beowolf in two. Phoenix shifts Ruinous Atrocity to its scythe mode as he stares down the rest of the Beowolves.

To have you in my life was all I ever wanted
But now without you, I'm a soul forever haunted
Can't help but feel that I had taken you for granted
No way in hell that I can ever comprehend this

Phoenix twirls the scythe through his fingers, readies it and dashes at the Beowolves cutting them down one by one. A Beowolf tries to slash Phoenix but he bursts into ashes and reappears holding the king against it's head, he pulls the trigger and 12 guage tears through the Beowolf.

I wasn't dreaming when they told me you were gone
I was wide awake and feeling that they had to be wrong
How could you leave me when you swore that you would stay?
Now I'm trapped inside a nightmare every single fucking day

Phoenix catches a Beowolf with the scythe and slams it into another then both of them into a tree, he pulls back the scythe then swings and pierces the two. Phoenix backflips avoiding two Beowolves claws, he comes down on another and kicks it away.

It's like a movie but there's not a happy ending
Every scene fades black and there's no pretending
This little fairy tale doesn't seem to end well
There's no knight in shining armor who will wake me from the spell

As Phoenix lands he gets hit for once and slides backwards, he raises Ruinous Atrocity and blocks a follow up with the handle. Phoenix pushes the claws away and cuts the Beowolf in two.

I know you didn't plan this
You tried to do what's right
But in the middle of this madness
I'm the one (I'm the one) you left to win this fight

Phoenix twirls the scythe through his fingers again this time changing it to resemble Cresent Rose. Phoenix charges at the many Beowolves once more, holding Cresent Rose behind him. Phoenix begins cutting through Beowolves mimicing the momentum based fighting style of Ruby. Phoenix flips over a Beowolf and pulls the trigger launching himself upwards and killing the Beowolf.

Red like roses
Fills my head with dreams and finds me
Always closer to the emptiness and sadness
That has come to take the place of you