Ending D: Moving On

The only grimm with the durability to survive what could be called a nuke was Willbreaker, I mean other than Salem of course.

Salem: "You lived, how odd."

Salem taps her foot on the scorched ground and looks out over the destruction that purposefully was veered away from Mantle. She puts her hands behind her back and takes a few steps contemplating her next move.

Willbreaker: "You do have all the time in the world to recuperate your power."

The words came completely unprompted, but Salem does consider it. A smile comes across her face.

Salem: "Yes, you are quite correct. I know what must be done. Willbreaker."

She turns to the copy of Phoenix.

Salem: "There are things to attend to, but first we must go to the continent of Anima, specifically where the capital of Mistal was."

Willbreaker nods, seemingly understanding.

Ozpin looks tired and irritated.

Linchpin: "Look, I'm just sayin. There's no guarantee that he's even alive. His energy completely disappeared after the stunt he pulled."

Ironwood: "Ozpin, it's either we stop running now or we're all going under!"

Ozpin puts his face into his palm in an attempt to quell the overwhelming exhaustion.

Ozpin: "Has there been any updates on Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long, and Weiss Schnee."

Winter: "No, but Blake Belladonna has left. There's no footage of her leaving, but she was discovered missing early this morning."

Linchpin: "Obviously she doesn't want to be found and definitely wants to save her friends. With what time I have left, I could-"

Ironwood: "No, we need to be ready for if Salem attacks or if we-"

Linchpin cuts off The General.

Linchpin: "Y'know what, no. I don't have to listen to you. I'm going to help Blake Belladonna."

Linchpin makes his way to the door placing his hat upon his head and putting his glasses on.

Ironwood: "Igantia, you would just leave people to die?"

Linchpin looks back at Ironwood, just scoffs and leaves. Ozpin just sighs.

How long is too long?

Many of the versions of Phoenix wouldn't be able to say despite most of them being ageless or dead.

But...

(2,000 years in the future)

They can all say that everything eventually heals given enough time.

Linchpin steps out of the cave he was in, a relatively large bag on his back and holding the weapon of Phoenix or in Linchpin's mind The Hero of Remnant. The real Ruinous Atrocity, having been preservered and now used by this Phoenix. His boots crunch the Atlesian snow, as the sun shines in the cloudless sky.

Linchpin: "Definitely back in my own time."

His attention is caught by a Bullhead flying over head. He removes his glasses and stares in disbelief.

Linchpin: "That's not possible..."

He removes his hat and takes off in flight, and as he rises above the hills, he stares at Mantle...

With Atlas floating above it.

Linchpin: "I fucked up..."

His hair and coat blows in the cold wind, as he just stares looking distressed.