Chapter 21: Battle Amongst the Stars

I cut off last chapter on a kind of cliff hanger, but you already know what timing this is on, the second half that is.

Phoenix: "What do you mean, Ozpin?"

Qrow: "What Ozzie means, kid, is that we're gonna find a new fall maiden, and it's your job to protect her."

Phoenix: "How does a new maiden get chosen anyways?"

Qrow: "Through a series of bullshit that's what."

Glynda: "Qrow!"

Qrow: "Don't boo me 'cause I'm right."

Qrow takes a swig from his flask, Ozpin facepalms at Qrow's antics.

Ozpin: "What Qrow means is that the process for selection is very...intimate."

Phoenix: "How so?"

Ozpin: "The person the power gets passed onto has to be in the thoughts of the previous maiden when they perish to pass on the power to them, it can't be male or someone of old age."

Phoenix: "Qrow was right, that is a load of bullshit, but lemme guess since the fall maiden currently only has half her power, if she dies then it'll seek out it's other half correct?"

Qrow: "Look at that, kids got some brains for all that brawn he shows."

Ozpin: "You may go, Phoenix, you do have a match tomorrow and you do need sleep."

Phoenix: "Alright, see ya Ozpin."

Ozpin: "Have a good evening, Phoenix."

Phoenix gives a two fingered salute and walks to the elevator, once it arrives he walks in and hits the button to head to the ground floor.

Qrow: "You think that Nyūrando boy can really be trusted Ozpin?"

Ozpin: "I must inform you, that Phoenix's last name isn't really Nyūrando, it's Igantia."

Qrow was taking a swig but stops and does a spit take.

Qrow: "Hold on! That was the last surviving member of the Igantia family!"

Ozpin: "He's an extraordinary one, but his power's if left uncontrolled, it could spell disaster, luckily he hasn't gone into a sort of blind rage, and hopefully never will, I'd hate to see what might happen if he did."

Ozpin's expression is grim at this statement.

Qrow: "That explains why the crazy bastard fought without an aura, he can't generate one! None of the Igantia family could! Oum, you got a lucky catch with him."

Ozpin: "It is fortunate that Summer found him before he was mauled by Beowolves that night 5 years ago."

Qrow: "Speaking of Summer, I remembered something, before the mission she disappeared, she told me to keep this."

He digs in a pocket and pulls out a ring.

Glynda: "Is that...?"

Qrow: "If I had to guess, this was her wedding ring, emphasis on was."

Ozpin: "Well this proves...complicated..."

Qrow: "Yeah..."

(With Ironwood)

A scientist appears as a hologram in Ironwoods office on the flagship.

Ironwood: "What do you have to report?"