Chapter 4: First Day at Beacon

Phoenix and Team RWBY were currently walking going the elevator to Ozpin's office they were the only team to not get their dorm yet. The elevator came to a stop and the five exit the elevator and stand in front of Ozpin's desk and Ozpin sits behind it with his hands together on the desk.

Ozpin: "Good to see you five made it without issue."

Weiss: "We would have been up faster if we didn't have to retrain someone from pressing all the buttons." (Glares at Ruby)

Ruby: "It wasn't me."

Ozpin: (waves his hand in front of him and smiles) "I'm sure you all are wondering why you haven't been given your dorm number yet."

Blake: "I was wondering why we were the only team to not have a dorm yet, though I can guess why."

Blake looks over at Phoenix who is standing with his arms crossed.

Ozpin: "That's because we had to construct a room for your fifth member and connect it to a dorm. Here is your dorm number (he sends the four their dorm number), you can use your scrolls to open the door. Now, team RWBY you may leave, I would like to speak with Phoenix for a moment."

Team RWBY nods and goes to the elevator, Phoenix holds up a hand with three fingers and counts down 3. 2. 1...

Ruby: "Buttons!"

The two can hear exasperated sighs from Blake and Weiss and the doors to the elevator close.

Phoenix: "So, what is it you wanted to speak about?"

Ozpin: "It's about the Stygian Zinogre you captured, the Hunters Guild said that there was sign of a sort of infection within parts of the Zinogre."

Phoenix: "That would explain why it's so far from its natural habitat, Stygian Zinogre's perfer colder climates and are normally found within the Hoarfrost Reach which is completely friged not unlike Atlas."

Ozpin: "The hunters guild said that this may be signs of a monster reappearing which is of concern, they said you'd know the same."

Phoenix: "It could be...No, NO!  Gore Magala disappeared years ago, a hunter supposedly killed it then disappeared never to be seen again, but that was well before I was even born."

Ozpin: "If this Gore Magala is as much of a problem as you make it out to be, then I'd need my students to be prepared...I believe we should call her, your teacher here."

Phoenix: "She's not an easy person to get a hold of, believe me I've tried before, she isn't found unless she wants to be found."

Ozpin: "That is true, but I'm sure she'd want to see her daughters again. Perhaps you can convince her with that."

Phoenix: "She faked her death for a reason, I'm not sure she'd want to be anywhere near Vale or Beacon. It's all such a mess with her."

Phoenix took a picture out of his coat, on the picture is a woman in a white cloak who looked like an older Ruby, and a much younger Phoenix wearing a sleeveless shirt his left arm having the black bandages on them.

Ozpin: "Summer Rose has to return eventually."

Phoenix: (puts the picture away) "I know...I know."

Ozpin: "That was all, you can head to your dorm now, you do have classes starting tomorrow. Have a good rest of your day, Phoenix."

Phoenix: "I'll try, Professor."

Phoenix walks back to the elevator and looks at Ozpin.

Ozpin: "Just call me Ozpin, Phoenix."

Phoenix smiles and hits a button to down to the ground floor. Ozpin watches the doors close then sighs looking down at the desk before standing and walking to the window staring out at Vale.