Chapter 53: How Long?

I dunno how even just a few of you are still reading this, but whatever suits you guys I guess.

It's been more than a little over four months since The Linchpin showed up, he's been quite the help around Atlas and Mantle but one man can only do so much, the military and whatever Hunter's can be brought together are trying their damndest but it's slowly becoming more of a reality that the Grimm will eventually get in and overrun Mantle. The council of Atlas despite the General and Ozpin's warnings has been dragging their feet on proceeding regarding an evacuation and retreat. It's frustrating to say the least, but Moonlight's Cradle has kept calm across a lot of people except for a few who haven't actually met The Linchpin or know about him at all. Now rumors are starting to get to a lot more people than initially intended, now Team RWBY has heard of the "Calm Man" as a lot of them call him with a strange aura and semblance.

Ruby: "What do you think he looks like?"

The four walk down a hallway towards where Linchpin has set himself up.

Blake: "What if it's not a man at all?"

Weiss: "The title is "Calm Man" so assumptions can lead to them being male, but they could be a talking lizard or something."

Yang: "Yeah, at this point nothing is a surprise."

The four approach the room and Yang knocks on the door to which Linchpin opens the door, his hair is relatively neat and long but it's black with pale crimson eyes with spectacles that have blacked out lenses. His outfit makes him look like a Victorian gentleman. His southern accent catches them wildly off guard.

Linchpin: "I'm sure I can guess why you're all here. Come in."

He steps away from the door and the four enter the room, it's simple and relatively minimalistic, on a coat hanger is a long crimson coat with a matching wide brimmed hat along with a gun belt that has two revolvers in the holsters along with ammo for it in said belt.

Linchpin: "Combat or calm?"

Weiss: "Combat or calm?"

Linchpin: "I have a combat version of the domain to sharpen your skills against me and a calming version to relieve mental anguish."

A short explanation to be sure, but it's better than the long explanation.

Blake: "Could we have a moment to discuss among ourselves?"

Linchpin: "Sure, I'll be here when you all make a decision."

Linchpin walks over to a desk and sits down picking up a pencil and begins to move his pencil across a sheet of paper. The four gather together to a whispered discussion.

Yang: "I say we should do combat."

Blake: "It does seem like a good opportunity."

Ruby: "That's two for combat, what about you Weiss?"

Weiss: "Let's just do combat."

The four disband their grouping and looks to the Linchpin who is humming a merry tune whilst drawing, Ruby walks over to tell him their decision but sees his drawing of what looks like a human woman.

Ruby: "Was she a friend?"

Linchpin: "Little sister actually, not related by blood though, but I loved her as my little sister regardless."

Ruby: "I'm sorry for your loss..."

Linchpin turns in his chair to face Ruby with a smile as sets down the pencil.