Chapter 36: From the Dove...

Phoenix that morning expected one of two thing's to wake up in his dorm or to wake up on the couch in Cinder's apartment, what he wasn't prepared for was to wake up in Cinder's bed with her pressed against him far closer than he should really be comfortable with. He thought he'd have time to process the information, but apparently Cinder wakes up early as well.

Cinder: (stares at Phoenix with a small smile) "Morning, handsome."

Phoenix: "Good...Morning."

Cinder: "Seems like you slept well last night."

Phoenix: "Well enough, I should get going though..."

Cinder: "Ah, alright, it's not like I'll be going anywhere anytime soon, just can you not tell Ozpin about me? Please?"

Phoenix: "I won't rat you out, not given me a reason to."

Phoenix gets away from Cinder out of bed and heads out to the front door. Phoenix puts on his boots and red long coat, he makes sure he's got everything. Cinder comes out and leans on the counter, Phoenix walks over to a window and opens it.

Cinder: "Not going out the front door?"

Phoenix: (putting a foot on the windowsill) "Nope!"

Phoenix jumps out the window and makes wings flying off into the morning. Cinder walks over and peers out the window watching Phoenix's disappearing form in the distance, she shuts the window and begins going about her day.

(With RWBY)

Team RWBY got up early, ate breakfast, and went to Vale to try and find Phoenix. So far they had little luck.

Ruby: "How hard is it to find that feather head?!"

Yang: "You wouldn't think it would be too hard to find a man with his unique features."

Blake: "Whatever the case, he didn't come back last night and we have to find him."

Weiss: "Not like much can really hurt him, especially with that armor and those weapon's."

Suddenly feathers made of flame float down and land in front of them, they all look up and see Phoenix doing midair tricks.

Yang: "Look's like he's okay, looks like we can go home."

Ruby/Blake: "No!"

Ruby: "That feather head didn't come back last night and I want to know why!"

Blake: "He isn't getting off easy for it!"

Yang: "Uh, Weiss, they seem a bit..."

Yang spins her finger next to her head while pointing at the two.

Weiss: "This does seem a bit...extreme, I think he should explain himself when he's ready to. He probably had a reason to go off and not come back last night."

Yang: "Yeah! You two can get your chance to eh, talk with him then!"

Ruby stares at Phoenix doing midair tricks then looks down at the ground and sighs.

Blake: (sighs) "Fine, I'll talk to him later."

Ruby: "I just want to find out how I can help him..."

Yang: "Maybe, he doesn't need help little sister. There's some things you've just gotta do yourself after all."

Ruby: "So what, I just have to stand by and watch him eat himself from the inside out?"