Chapter 46: Town of Stars

Alright ignoring Phoenix and all the bullshit he goes through, Team RWBY now. I guess.

Team RWBY arrived in the village and found they've been having a Geist problem, so they had set out and it didn't take long to find it or did it find them? The Geist has taken over rocks and trees making it some sort of golem that is being exceptionally difficult to defeat. The Geist swings one of its tree arms down at Ruby who just landed from a backflip, Yang jumps in front of Ruby and punches the tree shattering it to splinters.

Yang: "You alright?"

Ruby: "I'm fine, but we need a new plan of attack."

The Geist uproots another tree and Blake spots a dark figure leap from the tree to another tree but chooses to ignore it as she has to dodge a strike using her afterimage.

Blake: "That sounds like a good idea right about now!"

Weiss is using her glyphs to pin down the feet of the Geist, but even with that due to it being a collection of rocks and trees it's still fending the four of them off.

Weiss: "If you've got an idea, I'd love to hear it."

RWBY regroups to rethink their plan of attack.

Ruby: "Whenever we go for the mask it defends itself, we need a way to get it to be open."

Ruby thinks for a few seconds before getting an idea.

Ruby: "I've got it, Blake I want you to use your afterimages to keep it distracted when it slams down one of it's tree arms as it has been doing I'll run up it, Yang you defend me and Weiss once I'm near the mask keep it from defending itself."

Weiss: "Better than nothing."

Ruby: "Let's go, Team RWBY!"

The team breaks and Blake begins taking shots at the Geist's mask seeming to get it agitated and setting the loose plan into motion the Geist slams down one of its tree arms and Ruby manages to jump onto it and begin running up the arm, it reels back its other arm and swings it down at Ruby as she gets closer to the mask. Yang leaps using her gauntlets to propel herself and punches the arm mostly shattering it. The Geist brings the arm around and smacks Yang aside and stabs at Ruby who burst into rose petals avoiding the stab and gets right to the mask.

Ruby: "Weiss!"

Black glyphs prevent the Geist from defending its mask, Ruby readies Cresent Rose and slashes the mask clean in two, in a final act of defiance the Geist manages to shake itself enough to throw Ruby off sending her plummeting to Remnant. Yang boosts herself with her gauntlets to catch Ruby, but is beat to the punch by someone in all black snatching Ruby out of the air landing sliding with a turn and setting her down before taking off into the woods. The rest of RWBY goes to their leader.

Yang: "What the hell just happened?"

Blake: "A stranger seems to have saved your sister."

Yang: "I saw that, but who could it of even been?"

Ruby: "It felt similar to Phoenix..."

Weiss: "It couldn't have been Phoenix because he would've jumped in to help us once we regrouped."

Ruby: "That's why I said similar, there wasn't the usual warmth, it felt almost cold despite them wearing clothes."

Blake: "Are you sure it wasn't just the wind?"

Ruby: "Positive."

Yang: "Well we can ask the questions back in the village after we get our reward!"