Chapter 45: Sickness

Sue me this is just Phoenix being sick.

Since Phoenix and Raven trying to drink eachother under the table, Phoenix and Raven being awkward around eachother after that night and Phoenix practiced everyday with his magic, but one day he woke up and can't get up, he just feels weak. Phoenix lays there for what feels like a few hours which it probably is, Raven comes in and finds Phoenix laying there shivering in a cold sweat.

Phoenix: "He-Hey Raven..."

Raven: "Phoenix, what's happening?"

Phoenix: "Got sick somehow..."

Raven sits down on her shins beside Phoenix's futon and places a hand on his forehead.

Raven: "Holy fuck, I could place a rag on your forehead and it would burst into flames."

Phoenix: "T-That bad huh?"

Raven: "I'll get you some medicine, but it'll definitely take a few days to kick this sickness. What symptoms do you have?"

Phoenix: "Obviously I'm burning up, heh. Head is killing me, and I'm overall just too weak to move."

Phoenix watches Raven leave and lays his head back feeling terrible. Phoenix has never been sick a day in his life before this. Raven re-enters Phoenix's tent and sets down a small cup of water as well as a few pills on a clean cloth as well as a few pieces of toast.

Raven: "Alright, cup of water and a few pills for your symptoms and food.

Raven helps Phoenix sit up and down the pills with a little water then helps him eat and drink the rest of the water.

Raven: "There, I have to oversee the tribe now, get some rest, you deserve it."

Raven leaves Phoenix to sleep, and time passes with Phoenix being unable to sleep and merely laid there feeling terrible. Raven came back a few hours later and finds Phoenix still not having a fun time. Raven sits down beside him.

Raven: "How are you feeling?"

Phoenix: "Like shit..."

Raven: "I expected that much, get any sleep?"

Phoenix: "No..."

Raven: "I don't think laying on a futon is doing you any favors."

Phoenix: "I'll be fine..."

Raven: "No, you won't, now c'mon let's get you to an actual bed."

Phoenix can't really fight back only weakly protest as Raven picks him up pretty easily and carries him away to a bed. Phoenix doesn't have an accurate passage of time his waking moments only being when Raven is there.

Phoenix: "Thank you..."

Raven: "I'm merely doing what should be done."

Phoenix smiles weakly at Raven before closing his eyes to fall back asleep. Raven puts a cold wet rag on Phoenix's forehead to try and keep the fever down. Raven can hear Phoenix muttering in his sleep, but only a few words can actually be made out by Raven. Raven smiles down at the boy and pulls the covers up for him to be comfortable and leaves to let him sleep. Raven steps out of her tent and is approached by Vernal.

Vernal: "It's rare to see you smiling, is he getting better?"

Raven: "Unfortunately he's not, whatever he's got, it's not normal that's for sure."

Vernal: "It did only start after he was doing intense training with his magic."

A small white fatalis swoops down and perches on Vernal's right shoulder making sure to not dig in his claws.