Chapter 34: Proof of a Hero & Reformation

You read the title of the chapter, you know what time it is, at least I hope you do.

Phoenix stands ready, wielding Harbinger, he scans the sky looking for the source of the roar, but can't see anything through the thick clouds. Suddenly a bolt of red lightning comes from the sky, Phoenix jumps back and flips away from subsequent bolts that rain down on him. As Phoenix looks back to the sky a form cloaked in a shimmering white lands in front of him kicking up dust. The dust settles and there it stands in front of him, a creature so powerful many wanted it to only be myth...The White Fatalis.

I don't own the art don't sue me please.

Phoenix looks the ancient elder dragon in the eyes as red electricity crackles around it's form

Phoenix looks the ancient elder dragon in the eyes as red electricity crackles around it's form. Phoenix grips Harbinger a little tighter, preparing himself for the battle ahead. The White Fatalis rises to it's hind legs looking down on Phoenix then surprisingly it speaks in his mind.

Fatalis: "Young hunter, you have gotten this far against my challenges. You have proven yourself, but why do you truly fight?"

Phoenix: "Why I fight? Honestly sometimes I wish I could give up, wish I could let someone else handle it all while I seclude myself. I don't believe I deserve happiness, or anything that entails yet it continues to come to me. I'm forever indebted to those who have decided my miserable ass is worth it."

Fatalis: "Interesting, you're not alone in your thoughts, I have sat and I have listened for over a hundred years nay even longer, the whispers of the world come to me. I have seen your trials, your history. You slay those of my kind Elder Dragons. I believe you called them."

The White Fatalis goes down on all fours again and lowers it's head to look at Phoenix at his level. Phoenix tenses then relaxes, putting his arms to his side.

Fatalis: "I could very easily be the end of you, yet despite that here you stand, a lesser man would cower and run. Your bloodline has been most intriguing from the day I was slayed to now, your bloodline was always near the center of important events within those hundred years."

Phoenix: "Why tell me this? Why say anything? Why not skip the theatricals and try and kill me?"

The White Fatalis scoff red electricity coming from it's mouth.

Fatalis: "After being locked in the armor for so long, I have had much time to ponder, I learned your human language, I began to understand. We attack on instinct, to you we are wild animals just as we see your people as prey. The hate and negativity of your people is vast, but there are glimmers in that smog, that Ruby girl and yourself just to name a few."

Phoenix looks down at Harbinger in his hand then changes it to its compact form then puts it on the ground, he then takes Cresent Rose off his belt and sets it down beside Harbinger, he then sits down with his legs crossed.

Fatalis: "You've set down your weapons..."

Phoenix: "I've decided, since you're not going to attack, I won't attack. If we are to battle, I will fight with my full might and nothing less."