Chapter 8: Clipped Wings

It's been about a week and Phoenix has been awake for about two days since his bout with the now known as Ruiner Nergigante, in that time, Phoenix hasn't fixed his appearance back to full silver hair and crimson eyes, no point, everyone already knows, on another hand Ozpin and the Guild Master had come to talk about what happened and what Phoenix experienced against the Ruiner Nergigante, for now Phoenix is alone in the infirmary since there were too many mysteries surrounding his what he experience a week ago, Phoenix had been visited by numerous people and Coco had even stopped by with some clothes at the request of Phoenix he wasn't allowed to leave Beacon for the time being, but he could still talk to other students. Since his old outfit is currently being shipped back to the New World since it was made from materials there, he was currently wearing relatively baggy clothes at his request, a red long sleeved v-neck shirt, black cargo pants, and a replacement black leather glove on his left hand. His boots were the only part of the outfit to not need repairs so he got to keep those. Phoenix's blank staring at the ceiling was interrupted by Team RWBY coming into the infirmary.

Ruby: "Hey, Phoenix."

Phoenix: "Howdy."

Yang: "How ya feelin today tough guy?"

Phoenix: "Better than the last 5 times you asked in the past week."

Blake: "At least you're regaining your strength."

Phoenix: "Yeah, but it sucks I'm not allowed to leave, at all, I've been here for a week and only away for two days and only able to walk around Beacon, I feel like a bird in a cage."

Yang laughs slightly and Phoenix realizes what he said and laughs too.

Weiss: "It's still a mystery as to why your body healed the way it did, I'm sure it's just out of concern."

Phoenix: "Yeah, I'm sure..."

Ruby: "Well, we're heading down to Vale today, want us to get you anything?"

Phoenix thinks for a moment and shakes his head, but smiles.

Phoenix: "I don't want anything, but if you see anything you think I'd like, then I can't exactly stop you..."

Phoenix layed back in the infirmary bed and rolled onto his side away from them. Team RWBY walked out and Phoenix decided to go for a walk, he grabbed his scroll, slipped on his boots and went for a walk around Beacon, he eventually just went to his dorm feeling sick of seeing the white walls of the infirmary. He went over to the desk on the far wall and sat down and began writing up plans for a new weapon made from the materials made from the peices he collected from the Ruiner Nergigante, he knew he wanted it to have a transformation, he was thinking greatsword and scythe, his master used a scythe, he had used one before because of it.

(Timeskip)

It took Phoenix some time to get the plans down how he wanted them, but it came together nicely, he thought of a name for it, and came up with Ruinous Atrocity. A bit edgy, but who cares it's his weapon. The handle would extend and the blades would fold together to make a double bladed scythe from a greatsword. He was happy with this, took a picture of the plans with his scroll, he put on the black trenchcoat Coco got for him and went to the door to see if Ozpin could get in contact with the Guild Master to see about construction of his new weapon...but he stopped when he heard yelling on the other side of the door.

Weiss: "I don't see why this is causing such a problem!"

Blake: "That is the problem!"

Phoenix opens the door and steps into Team RWBY's dorm and sees Blake and Weiss currently in an extreme argument with Ruby and Yang looking uncomfortable by it.