Chapter 39: Will of the Broken

It is now summer break for the Huntsman Academies, many students went home for the summer, this included team JNPR, Pyrrha went home and Ren and Nora crashed with Jaune learning immediately why Jaune dreaded his seven sisters, Blake was on the first boat to Menagerie which was actually the Argosy and were more than happy to have one of the Sapphire Star's teammates aboard. Weiss is currently in Ozpin's office for the question of a century.

Ozpin: "I assume you're here for a specific reason, Ms. Schnee?"

Weiss: "Yes, I'd like a bullhead to go to Phoenix, I wish to learn from him over the summer."

Ozpin: "I assume Ms. Rose and Ms. Xiao Long are also going with you to see him?"

Weiss: "That would be correct. Blake will also be joining us next month."

Ozpin: (sighs) "I see, well there will be a Bullhead available for you three and one prepared for Ms. Belladonna."

Weiss: "Thank you, Professor."

Ozpin: "Don't thank me, I can see the value in learning from someone like Phoenix, just do be prepared for it to get...weird."

Weiss: "What do you mean?"

Ozpin: "You'll find out."

Weiss got a perplexed look, but left Ozpin's office. Ozpin smiled to himself as he called for a bullhead to take the three to Phoenix to be prepared.

(Beacon Courtyard)

Weiss met up with Ruby and Yang.

Ruby: "So, how'd it go?"

Weiss: "A bullhead will be prepared."

Yang: "Perfect! But why don't we head home to Patch for a bit, Ruby, see mom and dad?"

Ruby: "Why not, it'll be nice to see them after all. (Gasp) You can meet mom and dad, Weiss!"

Weiss: "Well, I suppose it won't be too bad."

Ruby: "Alright! Next stop, Patch!"

Ruby rushed off to the bullheads to go to Patch, Yang shook her head with a smile and followed her excitable little sister. Weiss followed the sister's to a bullhead to head to Patch.

(Timeskip - Island of Patch)

The three arrived on Patch and Ruby and Yang felt something was off, it seemed...dreary like there was this invisible miasma hanging over the island. Weiss could feel it to like this place is supposed to be far more lively. The three have their weapons on them.

Ruby: "That's weird, Yang you noticing it too?"

Yang: "Yeah, it's like the place up and died, it feels...lifeless."

Ruby: "Let's get to our home, I hope nothing bad has happened to mom and dad."

Yang: "Yeah, let's get home, c'mon Weiss."

The three walked together to the home of Summer Rose and Taiyang Xiao Long, they encountered a few Grimm, they weren't too strong, but they shouldn't have been on Patch which worried Ruby and Yang. They arrived at the house, but found the lights all out, and Zwei sitting out on the porch. Zwei saw the three and immediately got up and ran at them. Ruby got down on one knee and caught Zwei.

Ruby: "Zwei!"

Ruby hugged the corgi.

Yang: "Well that's good, Zwei seems alright."

Weiss: "That's good."

Ruby carried Zwei as the three continued onwards to the house. Yang walked up and knocked on the door, she heard someone walk down the stairs then the door opened and a girl no older than herself stood there.