Chapter 35: Calm Days...mostly

It's been a solid month since Neo, Emerald, and Mercury decided on going to Beacon, a little bit of hate was directed at them, but it was put to rest after a while. Ozpin by some work of Oum got Roman put on parole in Vale, in which him and Neo made an ice cream shop that is relatively popular. For the students of Beacon though it's an exciting time because summer break is just a few months away, but before they can get to summer...finals...and there's a few less then excited individuals. RWBY and JNPR sit at Roman and Neo's ice cream parlor on the weekend.

Yang: "This sucks, only a few months to summer and we have to worry about finals!"

Weiss: "All you have to do is study Yang."

Yang: "We all know how well I study..."

Ruby: "I agree with Weiss, all it is, is just a little studying."

Yang: "Not you too..."

Phoenix walks over holding a shake.

Phoenix: "It's not too bad Yang, besides..."

Phoenix leans down and whispers something in Yang's ear that only Blake catches causing her to blush madly and Yang to sit up straight.

Yang: "Weiss, can you help me study?"

Weiss: "What did you say to her?"

Phoenix sits down and kicks his feet up on the table.

Phoenix: "Nothing much, just a little reward if she passes."

Jaune: "How do you manage to do it?"

Phoenix: "Do what?"

Jaune: "All of this, you just...I don't even know the words to describe it!"

Pyrrha: "Don't worry too much about it, Jaune."

Pyrrha wraps an arm around Jaune pulling him a bit closer.

Jaune: "I know, I know."

Ren: "I must admit, when I heard an ice cream parlor was opened by two criminals, I was skeptical."

Phoenix: "Neo knows a surprising amount about ice cream, combined with Roman's natural charisma they've managed to make a pretty successful business."

Nora: "I'm just surprised by all the flavors, like how did they even get a pancake flavor?!"

Phoenix: "Hell if I know, but they make it damn good."

Roman walks over spinning his cane.

Roman: "Nice to know it's as good as I advertise it, Big Red."

Phoenix: "And there's the man himself, guess business is treating you good, huh?"

Roman: "Making an honest living, at first it was weird, but after getting a grant from Vale council and making Neo's dream of owning her own ice cream parlor a reality, I think I can live with this."

Phoenix: "You make for a salesman, guess all that master criminal stuff wasn't unfounded, huh?"

Roman: "Did you doubt my abilities as a criminal, Big Red?"

Phoenix: (puts feet down and leans forward) "I might've, what's it to you?"

Roman: (holds up Phoenix's wallet) "Then I guess you don't need this then, do you?"

Phoenix: "Huh? When did you?"

Roman tosses Phoenix's wallet onto the table while chuckling.

Roman: "Just cause I ain't a criminal no more doesn't mean my skills have diminished."