Ending C: Annihilation

This one is going to be super short so bear with me.

After the disappearance of Phoenix....years passed and the man who brought hope on silver wings never came back. Those that could fight against the ever growing tidal wave of darkness were too few and with too little power to make a dent in it. The world succumbed to the infection that now controls Remnant. No one can think for themselves anymore, and eventually Salem achived her goal and united the relics...but no gods came...only total annihilation of everything she'd worked for. Salem got what she wanted and did die with the old world, but there was no peace awaiting her in the afterlife only a cold void by which she damned herself to. Remnant is now just a barren wasteland full of what could have been, but perhaps that's for the best. The seeds of new life may yet surface from the ashes of what once was and bring about a perhaps truly peaceful ending to this planet. But who is really to say what the future could hold for it...that's not a story I shall tell today. Perhaps in another time and another place we could explore it?

This is possibly the bleakest ending as this is truly worst case scenario. Of course, a happy ending only happens when the handsome guy wins. Right?